• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by TuMicks View Post
      Well if you decide to quit Ob and/or rally, you'll have lots of time for HT's
      Haha, the problem w/ that is I may have to move so I have some good technical water to train on. I sure don't have the $$$ for pro training at $700+ / mo.
      Hidden Content
      The WindyCanyon Girls, Fall 2016
      IntCh WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (2.5 yrs)
      IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (8.5 yrs)
      IntCH WindyCanyon Patent Nfringement CDX RA JH CC (11 yrs)
      IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (12.5 yrs)
      IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (3 yrs)
      IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (8 yrs)
      IntCH WindyCanyon's SweeTango CD RA JH CC (7 yrs)

Senior Dog

Smile

I'm all for getting help from a pro when you need to. But I didn't understand how much can be done between just you and your dog. I bought a winger with the electronics. Told hubby it would pay for itself in just 6 weeks since I am doing more training on my own.

But that whole water thing... that's a real limitation.

I bet Labradorks has all kinds of water where she lives. We'll just all go camp out in her front yard for a few weeks and visit the watery places around there.

Senior Dog
      I'm all for getting help from a pro when you need to. But I didn't understand how much can be done between just you and your dog. I bought a winger with the electronics. Told hubby it would pay for itself in just 6 weeks since I am doing more training on my own.

But that whole water thing... that's a real limitation.

I bet Labradorks has all kinds of water where she lives. We'll just all go camp out in her front yard for a few weeks and visit the watery places around there.
      I feel guilty because I don't train as much as I'd like to since it's a whole 45 minutes to really good technical water.

My issue is time. Loading up your stuff, driving, setting up your stuff, organizing with training partners, packing up and loading your stuff (even more fun in the rain!)...

Senior Dog
      Yeah, unless it's your own property, it's going to eat the better part of a day. Don't plan on accomplishing anything else. Probably a lot more time consuming than obedience.

Senior Dog
      Yeah, unless it's your own property, it's going to eat the better part of a day. Don't plan on accomplishing anything else. Probably a lot more time consuming than obedience.
      Yes, it really is. If I want to practice obedience, I can rent a facility for $20/hour. It's 60 minutes round trip, but the equipment is there, set up is like 10 minutes, and unless you're training with other people and chatting in between sets, an hour is way too long. Plus, it's indoors and there are lights (and heat and AC). Same goes for agility. I need my own weaves, but those can be set up in my yard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos