• Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Westminster!

Senior Dog

Westminster!

So excited ... I’m going up with my trainer and a couple other friends from training to watch the inaugural event of Obedience at Westminster. If I get a chance to check out the breed judging, I will as well (depends on how close together they are). I know several people competing, so it will be fun to watch.
      Annette

Cookie (Jamrah’s Legally Blonde, BN) 6/4/2015
      Sassy (Jamrah’s Blonde Ambition, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC Windsong’s Femme Fatale, UDX2, OM4) 6/7/2009

Remembering:
      Scully (Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, RN) 4/4/1996 - 6/30/2011
      Our foster Jolie (UCh Windsong’s Genuine Risk, CDX, WC) 5/26/1999 - 3/2/2014
      and Mulder (Coventry’s I Want to Believe, UD, VER, WC, RN) 5/26/1999 - 4/20/2015

Hidden Content

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Annette47 For This Useful Post:

barry581 (02-12-2016), Doreen Davis (02-17-2016), dxboon (02-12-2016), Labradorks (02-13-2016)

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Annette47 View Post
      So excited ... I’m going up with my trainer and a couple other friends from training to watch the inaugural event of Obedience at Westminster. If I get a chance to check out the breed judging, I will as well (depends on how close together they are). I know several people competing, so it will be fun to watch.
      Have fun! Looks like obedience is in the same location and ring as breed (Pier 94, ring 10) but on Monday (8:30am) and the breed is Tuesday (9:00am). This is both one of my favorite, and least favorite times of the year. I enjoy the show, because it focuses a spotlight onto the sport of dogs, and I simultaneously hate it, because it tends to bring out armchair quarterbacks and internet gurus who want to talk trash and engage in online bullying about purebred dogs, dog shows in general, breeders, etc.

All the same topics get rehashed every year by people who do not participate in the process, and therefore are not doing anything meaningful to make a difference in the sport. Every year it's the same things -- Gasp! Why are all show Labs so fat? Show breeders are ruining German Shepherds -- why are they all walking on their hocks! (Most are not; talk to German Shepherd breeders about their structure, stacking preferences, and flying trot.) What's happening with Bulldogs?! Their faces are so pushed in. They can't breathe! *eye roll*

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by dxboon View Post
      Have fun! Looks like obedience is in the same location and ring as breed (Pier 94, ring 10) but on Monday (8:30am) and the breed is Tuesday (9:00am).
      Darn! I hadn’t looked at the schedule for conformation yet, and was hoping it was on Monday, since I did know it’s in the same building ....

I just wish they would broadcast the Obedience part to get more people excited about it!

Senior Dog
      Happy

Have a great time!
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Annette47 View Post
      I just wish they would broadcast the Obedience part to get more people excited about it!
      Lol! It's hard enough getting a dog show broadcast, period. I agree though that it would be awesome if the obedience and agility segments could be seen by a wider audience. The average joe would probably get a kick out of it, as well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dxboon For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (02-12-2016)

Senior Dog
      Have fun! Looks like obedience is in the same location and ring as breed (Pier 94, ring 10) but on Monday (8:30am) and the breed is Tuesday (9:00am). This is both one of my favorite, and least favorite times of the year. I enjoy the show, because it focuses a spotlight onto the sport of dogs, and I simultaneously hate it, because it tends to bring out armchair quarterbacks and internet gurus who want to talk trash and engage in online bullying about purebred dogs, dog shows in general, breeders, etc.

All the same topics get rehashed every year by people who do not participate in the process, and therefore are not doing anything meaningful to make a difference in the sport. Every year it's the same things -- Gasp! Why are all show Labs so fat? Show breeders are ruining German Shepherds -- why are they all walking on their hocks! (Most are not; talk to German Shepherd breeders about their structure, stacking preferences, and flying trot.) What's happening with Bulldogs?! Their faces are so pushed in. They can't breathe! *eye roll*

I could not agree with this more! ^^^^

Annette, have fun, this is exciting news that obedience is now a part of Westminster! The shopping is excellent too, so take some money :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelley For This Useful Post:

dxboon (02-12-2016)

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
      Annette, have fun, this is exciting news that obedience is now a part of Westminster! The shopping is excellent too, so take some money :-)
      OOOOH!!! Good to know - I didn’t even think about that, LOL.

Senior Dog
      Have fun! Comet's brother went last year and it was so fun to see pictures!
      Hidden Content
      Sarah, human
      Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
      Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
      Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
      Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
      Hidden Content
      Hidden Content

Have fun!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Puppy
      Lol! It's hard enough getting a dog show broadcast, period. I agree though that it would be awesome if the obedience and agility segments could be seen by a wider audience. The average joe would probably get a kick out of it, as well.
      The agility finals will be broadcast live on FS-1 (I think it's Fox Sports 1) on Saturday evening,7 pm (CST). I know several folks that are competing in agility, and I'm hoping to see them on tv in the finals.
      UACHX Remi AX AXJ MXPB MXP3 MJPB MJP4 NF
      Rookie, PE (puppy extraordinaire)

**Waiting at the bridge***
      UGRACH2 Jill CD OA OAJ NAP NJP JJ-R, 6/26/01-10/24/14...miss you, girlie.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LabraGal For This Useful Post:

dxboon (02-13-2016)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos