• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired

Thread: My profile

Real Retriever

My profile

I'll post this again...WHY is my Sig not showing up consistently???? It worked for five minutes earlier today but the result of the original problem was to change my user name....it still doestn' work right.....

Please someone respond... I'd like to put my late dog's sig out there but the web site won't let me do anything

Real Retriever
      test test test
      Last edited by outrag; 08-30-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Real Retriever
      Test Test Test
      Last edited by outrag; 08-30-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Senior Dog
      Cool

Not sure, but I believe it really depends on where you post. Guess that in some subforums it simply doesn't show while in others it does. Well, I might be wrong, but I sort of remember that some time ago I was really baffled by this seemingly illogical feature.

Just now, there was supposed to be by signature, but it doesn't show here, and the same thing happens in all subforums with photos and stuff.

Senior Dog
      I think Mike is correct. Your signature won't show up if you're in a photos forum, like commenting on someone else's photos. Or videos. There may be others, I don't routinely look in every section. If you have made one comment to a thread, your sig may show up in your first response but not in every response to the same thread. I think Woody set it that way because photos take up a lot of space.

Senior Dog
      And in 10 minutes you shared your total lack of patience. Woody is the only one who can fix things and if he's not on, he's not on. Weekends are slower in general...calm down.

Real Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by outrag View Post
      I'll be honest...I'm pissed that my sig does not work regularly...
      Pissed? Seriously? This is a dog-related forum, nice for networking with other dog owners and a great place to seek advice. But, as far as I'm concerned, nothing on here is vital to my functioning in daily life. It's not like you're paying for a service that you're not getting. Settle down, hold your horses, and someone will get back to you in their own free time.

"Sorry"
      Tired

It was decided years ago by the members that:

1) Signatures only show up once per page or post. Members were frustrated with the fact that posts were slowing down loading times and scrolling forever when people had two or three large signatures photos that were showing up in every post. So you went into the Test and replied to yourself a number of times. The signature only shows in your first post. It's the same for everyone.

2) Signatures do not show up in this forum or the photo forums. It's hard to do the contest every month when you have to flip through endless amount of signature photos. The same for the photo forums. The purpose is to appreciate other people photos. Not scroll through three pages of peoples signature photos.

This is what was asked of me by the members and this is what I have done. The site is functioning properly and I have no idea how your profile was broken but I did spend a considerable amount of my time this weekend, googling, reading posts, posting posts and running admin functions trying to get it back. Not successful so far.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

outrag (08-30-2015)

Real Retriever
      Sorry for my responses last evening. I had too much going on at once. I appreciate everyone's input.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to outrag For This Useful Post:

Woody (08-30-2015)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos