• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      Real Retriever

Nom nom nom I just wub carrots

-sunny-funny-jpg

I just think this is the funniest picture of my new girl Sunny. Have had her 2 months now & I just couldn't be happier with her.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to alixb For This Useful Post:

ARTC (11-02-2016), barry581 (11-03-2016), Java (11-04-2016), Jeff (11-02-2016), kimbersmom (11-02-2016), Labradorks (11-02-2016), MightyThor (11-02-2016), POPTOP (11-02-2016), smartrock (11-02-2016), Snowshoe (11-02-2016), Sue-Ram (11-02-2016), SunDance (11-02-2016), Tanya (11-03-2016), windycanyon (11-03-2016), zd262 (11-02-2016)

Senior Dog
      That's hysterical.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Senior Dog
      Love how she can't form her words properly with a mouth full of carrot. Does she like beets? Beets are sweet and they give some good hard chewing. They also give purple poop and pee.
      Hidden Content

Oh boy. A stick in the SNOW! Hidden Content

Senior Dog
      LOL, so a little story, not to jump over your thread but don't remember if I ever told this one. This post reminded me of it. This happened last year.

So last year sometime, don't remember exactly when, my garbage disposal burned out. Bummer, but I can replace them myself easy enough. I got a new one the next day and the next night I put it in myself. Unbeknownst to me I didn't quite get the ring that clamps it to the bottom of the sink quite all the way into place. It was tight, there was no leaks or anything. Everything worked correctly it just wasn't locked into place. Ok, fast forward a couple months. I am making a spicy carrot soup, its really good but it takes juice of fresh carrots, so about 30 to 40 large carrots to make enough for 2 servings. So I am at the sink peeling away, the peels get to be enough in the sink that the water starts to back up some. No big deal. Everything is fine it is not over flowing. I also have my little furry friend sitting right behind me being extremely good in hopes of a hunk of carrot or two, which he will get. I get the last carrot done with peels in the sink and it is about half full of water as it isn't draining well. So I reach over and hit the switch for the garbage disposal... this is where I learn it wasn't in all the way.

The whole garbage disposal falls out of the sink, quickly followed by the peels of 40 carrots and a sink half full of water. The faucet still running by the way. The cabinet door below the sink flies open spewing all the carrot peels and water all over the kitchen floor. Hemi, at first surprised by this, suddenly thinks this is the best thing ever. Water to splash and play in the kitchen and it is fill with pieces of carrots which is a bonus. I quickly kill the power and shut of the water, Hemi is actively eat as many peels and gives me that labby smile like Dad this is awesome we should do this more often. Much to his dismay he gets rushed off to the bedroom to get locked in while I cleaned up the mess. However it made me smile and laugh. Then of course when I opened the bedroom door he came running out to the kitchen all disappointed there was no more carrots or water.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

Java (11-04-2016), kimbersmom (11-02-2016), POPTOP (11-02-2016)

Senior Dog
      I love that funny face! Thor makes the same weird snarl when he eats carrots, and apples. It always cracks me up. Such clowns and they don't even know it.
      Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
      And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
      Happy

That has me laughing so hard. Sunny, you go ahead and enjoy your carrots and keep us smiling.

Jeff, I can just see Hemi having the time of his life until Dad butted in.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      Could she be any cuter???

Real Retriever
      It's cute! My girls love carrots too but they eat them with poise haha.

House Broken
      LOL, great shot! haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos