• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12

    Thread: Team LEXIE

    1. #1
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,151
      Thanked: 2916

      Team LEXIE

      Aye Mates,
      Any of ye remember LEXIE ON THE COBBLE (the snow white Lab) I was training as a gundog this spring / summer? Ye may remember LEXIE had a pedigree that was heavy on bench blood and light on field performance ancestry. I got a note from her owner this morning and he was thrilled with his lass on Friday when she flushed four pheasant for him and delivered the two birds he shot to hand in classic style. :-)


      LEXIE making a retrieve from heavy cover.


      LEXIE and her owner are enjoying her first year afield. LEX will return for advanced training in 2017 and will be campaigned in both HRC and AKC hunt tests.

      GOOOOOOOOOOD GIRRRRRRRRRL LEXIE! :-)

      Cheers,
      Irishwhistler
      Last edited by IRISHWISTLER; 11-06-2016 at 01:18 AM.
      TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
      DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

      Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

    2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

      barry581 (11-06-2016), Scoutpout (11-07-2016)

    3. #2
      House Broken
      ArchieSit's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      182
      Thanked: 102
      Aw, she looks so happy and proud in the second photo! Congratulations to all of you!

    4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArchieSit For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (11-06-2016)

    5. #3
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      POPTOP's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      10,613
      Thanked: 6449
      Congratulations Team Lexie, and yes, that includes you too Irishwhistler. She's a beautiful girl.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

    6. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (11-06-2016)

    7. #4
      Best Friend Retriever
      Anna Scott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      577
      Thanked: 232
      Great job to both you and Lexie. They sure love to pheasant hunt. I think more so than waterfowl. Perhaps it is the thrill of the quarter vs having to sit quietly in the blind. However, that look of distain is still there when you miss the bird.

    8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna Scott For This Useful Post:

      IRISHWISTLER (11-06-2016)

    9. #5
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,151
      Thanked: 2916
      Quote Originally Posted by Anna Scott View Post
      Great job to both you and Lexie. They sure love to pheasant hunt. I think more so than waterfowl. Perhaps it is the thrill of the quarter vs having to sit quietly in the blind. However, that look of distain is still there when you miss the bird.

      Anna,
      Miss the bird??? Just joking Mate, I can miss birds with the best o' bird shooters. LOL.

      Irishwhistler

    10. #6
      Best Friend Retriever
      Java's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      480
      Thanked: 264
      Quote Originally Posted by Anna Scott View Post
      Great job to both you and Lexie. They sure love to pheasant hunt. I think more so than waterfowl. Perhaps it is the thrill of the quarter vs having to sit quietly in the blind. However, that look of distain is still there when you miss the bird.
      I don't hunt but I can imagine that look.

      Congratulations, Team Lexie!

    11. #7
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      6,240
      Thanked: 5729
      Quote Originally Posted by IRISHWISTLER View Post
      Anna,
      Miss the bird??? Just joking Mate, I can miss birds with the best o' bird shooters. LOL.

      Irishwhistler
      I worked on a small pheasant shoot when I lived in the UK. On average we'd take about 80 birds in a day, and there were 10 guns. I was fortunate that I could shoot if one of the regulars didn't show. This was a pretty big deal as the cost to shoot there was ridiculously high. Two things I will never forget. One was being chewed out by the game keeper for taking driven bird that was very low. The keeper came up and handed me the bird and said "this is good for nothing but soup" with great distane in his voice. Yeah, I felt about 2" tall. The second was a relatively easy left to right shot, which I cleanly missed with both pulls of the trigger. I happened to look down, and one of the English Springer Spaniels that worked the shoot gave me a serious "WTF" look. I can still see the look on her face almost 30 years later!!!

    12. #8
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,151
      Thanked: 2916
      Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      I worked on a small pheasant shoot when I lived in the UK. On average we'd take about 80 birds in a day, and there were 10 guns. I was fortunate that I could shoot if one of the regulars didn't show. This was a pretty big deal as the cost to shoot there was ridiculously high. Two things I will never forget. One was being chewed out by the game keeper for taking driven bird that was very low. The keeper came up and handed me the bird and said "this is good for nothing but soup" with great distane in his voice. Yeah, I felt about 2" tall. The second was a relatively easy left to right shot, which I cleanly missed with both pulls of the trigger. I happened to look down, and one of the English
      Springer Spaniels that worked the shoot gave me a serious "WTF" look. I can still see the look on her face almost 30 years later!!!
      Aye Barry,
      Sure hope ye were not shooting one o' those English "best sidelocks" like a Purdey $$$$$$$$ because ALL excused go right out the window if so. LMIAO. I too know that K9 WTF look. :-)

      Irishwhistler

    13. #9
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      6,240
      Thanked: 5729
      Quote Originally Posted by IRISHWISTLER View Post
      Aye Barry,
      Sure hope ye were not shooting one o' those English "best sidelocks" like a Purdey $$$$$$$$ because ALL excused go right out the window if so. LMIAO. I too know that K9 WTF look. :-)

      Irishwhistler
      LOL!!!! Don't I wish!! I actually tried a couple side by side guns, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I used a Winchester over/under that I also used for skeet/trap/sporting clays.

    14. #10
      Senior Dog
      IRISHWISTLER's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,151
      Thanked: 2916
      Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      LOL!!!! Don't I wish!! I actually tried a couple side by side guns, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I used a Winchester over/under that I also used for skeet/trap/sporting clays.
      Aye Barry,
      Winchester made some great shotguns, especially their revered Model 21's. :-)

      Cheers,
      Mike

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •