• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 11
    1. #1
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      6,232
      Thanked: 5724

      Funniest thing ever!

      We got up this morning and went through the normal routine. Brooks and Sophie were wrestling on the deck when I came out. I told the to stop it, and told Brooks to go poo. Off the deck he goes, finds a nice spot and starts doing the deed. He stands up like he's done, then all the sudden starts spinning around biting at his butt, rolling on the ground, I'm thinking WTH??? I spy a small dangler hanging as he's wildly thrashing about. You would have though he was being attacked!! I'm trying to get him to stop, laughing the whole time. Finally I get to him and pull the offending dangler from his butt. He still has this look of panic on his face as he charges off the deck and tries to poo. He goes to about 10 different spots, but no more poo. He sits down like he was going to scoot his butt across the grass. But no, he just kind of sits there with this pitiful look on his face, I sure he was thinking, "I don't what the heck that was, but I don't ever want it to happen again!"


      I'm happy to say the rest of the morning routine was executed without incident!

    2. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

      Scoutpout (11-16-2016)

    3. #2
      Senior Dog
      smartrock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Carolina in my mind..
      Posts
      4,882
      Thanked: 3092
      It is funny to see them trying to figure out what the heck has attacked them from the rear, twisting from side to side to catch the varmint biting them back there! Poor Brooks! So much amusement at his expense!

    4. #3
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      coopersmom's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ontario
      Posts
      825
      Thanked: 663
      Happy to hear that Cooper isn't the only one who goes into complete panic mode...feel bad for them, getting them to settle long enough to help them sure is a challenge

    5. #4
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      POPTOP's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      10,613
      Thanked: 6448
      Poor Brooks being attacked from the rear, literally.

      Maybe that's why Archie eats TP. He wants to go and wipe at the same time.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

    6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

      barry581 (11-15-2016), Scoutpout (11-16-2016), Snowshoe (11-15-2016)

    7. #5
      Senior Dog
      Bemused
       
      Blackboy98's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      St. Louis, Mo.
      Posts
      2,287
      Thanked: 1464
      We need a video of Brooks misfortunes so early in the morning, sorry Brooks. Barry, you need to carry your phone with you.

      I know it's not nice to make fun of our dogs, but poo seems to be an exception.
      Hidden Content

      CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

      Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

    8. #6
      Senior Dog
      Snowshoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      6,781
      Thanked: 3935
      Poor Brooks. Maybe the dangler was on a sharp piece of grass and it hurt. I walked through Jet's favourite grass in bare legs one day and came out lacerated with tiny cuts. That stuff must get really well digested to go through the dog without doing damage.
      Hidden Content

      Oh boy. A stick in the SNOW! Hidden Content

    9. #7
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      6,232
      Thanked: 5724
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
      Poor Brooks. Maybe the dangler was on a sharp piece of grass and it hurt. I walked through Jet's favourite grass in bare legs one day and came out lacerated with tiny cuts. That stuff must get really well digested to go through the dog without doing damage.
      It was on a piece of fine yellow string, and I have no idea where it came from. We had been to Lowes yesterday afternoon, maybe he picked up there. I watch him as close as I can when we're walking, but he's so damn quick when snatching something, I know a miss one now and them. He's pretty good with leave it, drop it, and give.

      I wish I had my phone on me, but usually it's a very quick out do potties, then back in for breakfast, and I don't usually even go off the deck until he's done and I go to clean up the mess. The look on his face when it was only over was priceless, but I did feel a bit bad for him.

    10. #8
      Senior Dog
      Happy
       
      Charlotte K.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      somewhere out there
      Posts
      938
      Thanked: 581
      Wow. You are lucky the string passed without incident or intussusception!

    11. #9
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      6,232
      Thanked: 5724
      Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte K. View Post
      Wow. You are lucky the string passed without incident or intussusception!
      Oh yeah!!

    12. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

      Charlotte K. (11-16-2016)

    13. #10
      Senior Dog
      MightyThor's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Bend, Oregon
      Posts
      1,739
      Thanked: 2594
      Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      It was on a piece of fine yellow string, and I have no idea where it came from. We had been to Lowes yesterday afternoon, maybe he picked up there. I watch him as close as I can when we're walking, but he's so damn quick when snatching something, I know a miss one now and them. He's pretty good with leave it, drop it, and give.

      I wish I had my phone on me, but usually it's a very quick out do potties, then back in for breakfast, and I don't usually even go off the deck until he's done and I go to clean up the mess. The look on his face when it was only over was priceless, but I did feel a bit bad for him.
      I'm guilty of letting Thor 'suffer' for just a few extra minutes so I can get a good photo. For example, making him wear a santa hat. Totally worth it. I wouldn't blame you if you took a moment to capture the situation on video!
      Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
      And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

      Hidden Content

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •