• Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      "Sorry"
      Tired

My dog doesn't do well on a leash........

Georgia who is a saint gets wild when we see other dogs on our walk. She has a really loud bark. She plays well with dogs in our yard or when we visit friends but on a leash she's a crazy woman. I am working on it.

We came across a guy with a little dog on a leash and I said My dog doesn't do well with other dogs when she's on a leash. We tried to avoid him and he basically let all of the rope go on his leash so his dog could reach us. He says my dog makes friends wherever she goes.

I'm like mine doesnt and we just left the area. Some people are oblivious.
      Thanks Everyone!!

Senior Dog
      Yep. Some people act as if their dog is the only dog in the situation.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Real Retriever
      You can't fix stupid people. I've tried when walking our girls, I've even lied and said that she (pointing to either Opal or Ursa) has kennel cough which could give your dog pneumonia...it works most of the time. Thankfully, both Opal and Ursa are good on lease, it's the other stupid dog owners who aren't.

Senior Dog
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Black Labbies View Post
      You can't fix stupid people. I've tried when walking our girls, I've even lied and said that she (pointing to either Opal or Ursa) has kennel cough which could give your dog pneumonia...it works most of the time. Thankfully, both Opal and Ursa are good on lease, it's the other stupid dog owners who aren't.
      Your post made me laugh....lol! Good thinking!

Senior Dog
      Lark acts like a professional dog on leash at the vet’s office but other places not so much. Why does it frequently seem that the clueless owners seem to have very small dogs with big egos out on the end of their leads? And they claim their barking little pooch is so friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
      Lark 12/25/2012
      Henry 7/14/18

Senior Dog
      Leslie McDevitt's book, "Control Unleashed" helped us tremendously with that kind of leash behaviour and some other things. A big black dog would charge his fence at us and Oban's thought bubble clearly said, "Yeah? You want some a this? Bring it on Buddy." With McDevitt's LAT training I could get Oban (on leash) past that dog without even looking at it, let alone trying to charge right back. I'm pretty sure an eejit letting his leashed dog run right up to us would be hard for any dog to ignore but it might help with more reasonable people, the ones who stay on the other side of the road.

We Chat With Dog Trainer Leslie McDevitt, Author of the Groundbreaking

LOL, I've said Oban was sick too, at the Vet's a couple of times. "Oh my, you don't want her to catch what my dog has."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos