• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      Senior Dog

Snowshoe we tried your vinegar anti counter surfing treatment.

I read your post here about this and decided to test drive it. First, a small story.

Lucy counter surfs. The other day I went to the store in our small town. Getting to the cash I discovered I didn't have my wallet, I knew it was at home. Went home and discovered Little Miss Lucy had had time to eat five bagels in a package. The last one was salvageable. Saturday I read your post about vinegar.

We use vinegar as a cleaner. So I put some in a bowl and offered it to Lucy who turned away without even drinking.

We use vinegar in a sprayer. I ran errands today so before leaving I sprayed the countertops then left a carrot plus an open bag of corn chips within easy reach before leaving to run errands. Came home and nothing touched. We might be on to something.

Thank you!
      Andrew, Faye, Achilles, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, and Stella

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

House Broken
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kleb View Post
      I read your post here about this and decided to test drive it. First, a small story.

Lucy counter surfs. The other day I went to the store in our small town. Getting to the cash I discovered I didn't have my wallet, I knew it was at home. Went home and discovered Little Miss Lucy had had time to eat five bagels in a package. The last one was salvageable. Saturday I read your post about vinegar.

We use vinegar as a cleaner. So I put some in a bowl and offered it to Lucy who turned away without even drinking.

We use vinegar in a sprayer. I ran errands today so before leaving I sprayed the countertops then left a carrot plus an open bag of corn chips within easy reach before leaving to run errands. Came home and nothing touched. We might be on to something.

Thank you!
      Oh I am just now reading this! I think I am going to have to do something like this with Diggity. Look where I found the little bugger this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bmathers For This Useful Post:

Macy (10-08-2018)

Senior Dog
      Glad it seemed to work for Lucy. Though I suggest not deliberately tempting, that's not fair, in my books.

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by bmathers View Post
      Oh I am just now reading this! I think I am going to have to do something like this with Diggity. Look where I found the little bugger this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I forget which thread I put that in recently but it's here, if you want to give a try.

Snowshoe's Album: Vinegar to Cure Counter Surfing

Best Friend Retriever
      if i remember i used a mixture of apple vinegar and vinegar someone posted here. I would spray it on wires when gigi was a pup so she will not chew on those.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos