• Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Poll: Does your lab like to be over or under the covers?

Thread: Undercover lab?

Senior Dog

Undercover lab?

Stormy loves to burrow under the blankets on our bed at night and sleep for a bit. Eventually, she crawls out and sleeps over the covers, but it still amuses me because Kimber ran hot and never wanted under the covers. So share- is your lab an over or under the covers kind of pup?
      Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
      Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
      Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Senior Dog
      No way! In fact, I turn off the heat in my bedroom at night so the "princes" can be comfy.

Best Friend Retriever
      Happy

Sprocket ran hot and slept on a blanket on top of the bed. Diggity is still in his crate at night. I am tempted to let him out, but can’t quite pull the trigger on that yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Dog
      Both of mine nest...the covers are around them. Dan burrows into the bedding in the doggy apartment in the basement, rolling around, but always ends up with his face uncovered. If he sleeps down there, it's back to nesting.

Hershey was my only true Lab who tossed the blankets etc. around...I called him my inferior redecorator.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

bmathers (02-15-2019)

Senior Dog
      Thor snuggles his way under the blankets in between me and my husband while Barley curls up above them either on the pillows or at our feet.

In the morning, husband gets up at about 5 am and feeds the dogs. I usually stay in bed for another 30 minutes so Thor comes back into the bedroom and has this little move to snuggle with me. He jumps up and stands over me until I lift the covers up. He does this little twirl and curls up in a little ball under the covers next to me, wedged in tightly against my stomach so I can cuddle him like a giant teddy bear. I call him my little spoon. It's adorable and cuddly at this time of year. In the summer not so much.
      Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
      And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Brooks won't sleep on his bed if it's the least bit warm. Every now and then Sophie will burrow under the covers a bit.

Senior Dog
      Zoey loves blankets and heat but wont stay covered all night long, she eventually gets up and goes to her own bed or downstairs on the couch. She also loves to lay in the sun when its 110 degrees outside. Aimee sleeps with me all night between my legs and it doesnt bother her if she is under the blankets or not during the winter, during the summer she prefers to be uncovered

I have desert dogs, heat doesnt really bother them to much except for my corgi, she is the only one who dislikes heat

House Broken
      Mine isn't a fan of the covers at all. In fact, she seems to be uncomfortable if it gets above 70 degrees in the bedroom (that is when she jumps off the bed, leaves the bedroom, and uses the dog bed on the second floor landing near the stairs).

She also is not a cuddler. If I try to cuddle her, she will amuse me for maybe 5 minutes before she gets up to walk a few feet away before plopping back down.

Senior Dog
      I have a blanket for each on top of my comforter. The boys like being covered up. Samson especially. Once covered he will rarely move! Asher tosses and turns. I suspect its his ED giving him issues if he lays in one spot too long.

Real Retriever
      Our dogs sleep in their crates at night.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos