• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      House Broken

Anyone tried one of these??

Amber sleeps in a large crate in our bedroom with a pad we got that is made by Kong. I feel she would enjoy being in her comfy dog bed since I see her during day naps sleeping on her back and stretching out a lot. I'm not ready to trust her in our bedroom without some kind of containment and I saw this online. A lot of people say it makes taking a trip to a motel or family trip a lot easier since they are so portable. I wouldn't use is other than at night and she has never tried chewing on her bed when we leave her in her pen during the day.

https://www.chewy.com/elitefield-2-d...-cat/dp/157546

That look pretty nice. I use an x-pen for Brooks in our bedroom. : https://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Folda...8-1-spons&th=1

The x-pen would be much heavier but you can make different shapes and it will attach to a wire crate.

House Broken
      We also use the x-pen and crate during the day if we leave her. That setup is in the kitchen. Hopefully this will work I just ordered one from Chewy.

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
      That look pretty nice. I use an x-pen for Brooks in our bedroom. : https://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Folda...8-1-spons&th=1

The x-pen would be much heavier but you can make different shapes and it will attach to a wire crate.

Senior Dog
      That looks nice. I'm wondering if Sunnie would feel comforted by being in an enclosed space (despite the fact that she came to us refusing to use a crate). Some of the reviews lead me to believe crate-stressed pups like this. It might not be long before we have to keep Sunnie a bit restricted for physical/mental reasons if we're not around. Hmmmm…..

Hope it works for you. Thank you for posting!
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Senior Dog
      Looks interesting and roomy. Lark does fine in a soft sided crate, I don't know if Henry is ready for one yet. Let us know how it works for you.

Senior Dog
      Amused

chili had something like that as a pup...he made mince meat out of it when wasnt a pup anymore...think I told the story of a very expensive hotel room disaster.
      Amateur pet owner
      Hidden Content
      Chili born 7/21/2013

Senior Dog
      I have a friend who uses them to contain her "spare" dogs while at Obedience class. Seems to work fine - I think a lot depends on the dog and how well behaved they are though - would be pretty easy to rip up/get out of one of those if they really wanted to.
      Annette

HIT Cookie (Jamrah’s Legally Blonde, CD, BN) 6/4/2015
      Sassy (Jamrah’s Blonde Ambition, CD, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (OTCH HIT HC Windsong’s Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RN) 6/7/2009

Remembering:
      Scully (Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, RN) 4/4/1996 - 6/30/2011
      Our foster Jolie (UCh Windsong’s Genuine Risk, CDX, WC) 5/26/1999 - 3/2/2014
      and Mulder (Coventry’s I Want to Believe, UD, VER, WC, RN) 5/26/1999 - 4/20/2015

Hidden Content

House Broken
      Time will tell with Amber on this one. I wouldn't dare go off and leave her in it during the day but I'm hoping she likes it during the night because it's so much more roomy than a crate and her bed should fit nicely in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annette47 View Post
      I have a friend who uses them to contain her "spare" dogs while at Obedience class. Seems to work fine - I think a lot depends on the dog and how well behaved they are though - would be pretty easy to rip up/get out of one of those if they really wanted to.

Real Retriever
      I would think that playpen, really meant for little yapper dogs, could easily be destroyed by a lab. I use a 48 inch crate for Lido at home, and we take a 42 inch crate when we travel.

House Broken
      I'm hoping since i will only be using it in our bedroom at night I will hear her if she starts destroying it! May be 50 some dollars wasted but we will soon find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth C View Post
      I would think that playpen, really meant for little yapper dogs, could easily be destroyed by a lab. I use a 48 inch crate for Lido at home, and we take a 42 inch crate when we travel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos