• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      Real Retriever
      Secret

Welcome to the golden years...

My keys weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the in parking lot, I realized he was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband: I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. Are you kidding me?" he
      barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come
      and get me." He retorted, I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"

Welcome to the golden years...

Senior Dog
      Happy

OMG, laughing so hard. Yep, in the (hopefully) pregolden years and that sounds possible.

I "lost" my car in Bass Pro parking lot one time, with dogs in tow. If it weren't for a sweet couple who helped me search, I'd have been there all day.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

House Broken
      Been there & almost done that! I lost my car in Costco parking lot, called DH & told him I couldn't find the car and it must have been stolen. Needless to say, he was not too happy about driving 30 minutes to trudge up & down the parking lot with a full cart of stuff. We found the car before he let me call the police, thank goodness!

Senior Dog
      LOL. Glad it all turned out ok.

Good thing you don't leave near me where it's been determined that the stolen car, found wrecked in a ditch, was wrecked by the owner who thought it would be smart to walk home and report it stolen thinking people wouldn't then know she'd wrecked it herself.

Senior Dog
      Oh goodness! Well, I'm glad it wasn't stolen, at least!

I think the worst I've done has been arriving on campus to realize I don't have my phone (I'm pretty bad about losing my phone; I use it rarely, but need to have it with me), or occasionally the power cord for my laptop. Well, and I frequently maybe space on meetings. But that's really because I seriously need a P.A., but will never get one.

Glad this ended up well!
      Hidden Content Hokule'a ("Hoku") / b. 06.08.15

Real Retriever
      Secret

FYI ..... this did not happen to me, friends, this was simply a joke I read elsewhere in cyberspace. Thanks for the kind words, hopefully y'all had a nice laugh.

Bill

Senior Dog
      Actually, based on one photo you'd posted of yourself, I was rather worried that you were experiencing such memory loss at your apparent age. I have an eidetic memory, but I have a colleague who has the worst memory I've encountered. Luckily, his field (radar studies / high alt. ionosphere / the E region) doesn't require much memory, so he's good. But damn. We are building a rocket together (we both build high powered rockets), and half the time he'll order the right piece five or six times, and other times we'll decide on a design or configuration and then he'll forget within hours, and model or order something else.

And then get angry when I remind him.

Of course, that might just be selective male memory, but we'll see if this rocket ever gets built. I once saw him load up a ~6' rocket and nearly forget to attach the 'chute. Lord help us.

Real Retriever
      Cool

That was funny! Yeah I am not in my Golden years but I have very early morning job. A lot of times I have very little sleep in me so I can forget all kinds of things too. Sometimes I forget where I park too! It happens to everyone.

Real Retriever
      Secret

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
      That was funny! Yeah I am not in my Golden years but I have very early morning job. A lot of times I have very little sleep in me so I can forget all kinds of things too. Sometimes I forget where I park too! It happens to everyone.
      Yea, I've used the "panic" button on my key FOB a few times to zero in on my car. That's both a good and bad thing, a friend lost his keys in a parking lot once, the same method must have been used by whoever found the keys and they stole the car, found a few weeks later, trashed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos