• Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Puppy
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
      There is a deadly tapeworm spreading across ONtario. It's probably better established already where you are. Fox and coyote carry it and are immune but it can be deadly to dogs and humans. Sorry, not trying to scare the wits out of you but it might be worth looking into. I googled just now and part of the problem with it is that symptoms are hard to see. IN fact, I found only a list of symptoms in humans. Still, ask your Vet, what kind of tapeworm did she have? Pretty girl, hope you resolve this.
      Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to tell what kind of tapeworm she had? It looked pretty standard to the vet and us. The Drontal took care of it very quickly.

Puppy
      Quote Originally Posted by lovemylabby View Post
      Have you considered contacting your Breeder? Could it be genetic?
      Hey there, thanks for the great suggestion. I did contact the breeder and they are well known (not a puppy mill) for breeding purebred english labs. Their answer to me was they have never experienced or seen this feedback from any of their dog families. I did read that if it is vitiligo, it is either a) genetic/hereditary or b) immune response to the environment

Senior Dog
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch0769 View Post
      Hey there, thanks for the great suggestion. I did contact the breeder and they are well known (not a puppy mill) for breeding purebred english labs. Their answer to me was they have never experienced or seen this feedback from any of their dog families. I did read that if it is vitiligo, it is either a) genetic/hereditary or b) immune response to the environment
      It's good that you contacted your breeder. Are you thinking it may be more of an immune response to the environment? I hope you can get some insight on what may have caused this.

Senior Dog
      I vote for the Drontal.
      Hidden Content

Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

Puppy
      Quote Originally Posted by SunDance View Post
      I vote for the Drontal.
      I think you are confused, unless you think the Drontal caused the skin pigmentation issue?

Senior Dog
      Quote Originally Posted by Mitch0769 View Post
      Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how to tell what kind of tapeworm she had? It looked pretty standard to the vet and us. The Drontal took care of it very quickly.
      I would expect determining the kind of tape work would be standard procedure for your Vet. Different kinds will need different meds and sometimes more than one treatment. Ask me how I know this - poop examination was never more fun.
      Hidden Content

Oh boy. A stick in the SNOW! Hidden Content

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos