• Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
      Best Friend Retriever

Pool Time with Asher

Since Samson is on strict rest for two weeks, I decided to take my boy Asher swimming. Samson has appointments for therapy but they also have sessions for energy release. This was Asher's first time in a pool. Took a good 10 minutes for him to stop splashing on top of the water. Once he got the hang of it, he had a blast! This was so fun to watch. One time he lost sight of the tennis ball and actually went under water looking for it. Such a natural.

-asher-swim-1-jpg

-asher-swim-2-jpg

-asher-swim-3-jpg

-asher-swim-4-jpg

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SamsonsMom For This Useful Post:

barry581 (12-03-2017), hunter (12-06-2017), Jeff (12-04-2017), kimbersmom (12-03-2017), POPTOP (12-03-2017), ronmcq (12-03-2017), SunDance (12-03-2017), WhoopsaDaisy (12-04-2017)

Senior Dog
      Happy

What FUN!

Best Friend Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
      What FUN!
      Yes, it was wonderful to see him have so much fun. Samson can't go this coming Saturday either so I've decided to take Asher again. Too bad I can't find something like that for free!! lol

Senior Dog
      cutey! like that there are stairs i'd love a longer pool here with a ramp!

Best Friend Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
      cutey! like that there are stairs i'd love a longer pool here with a ramp!
      I checked on the pool entry before going. The steps are wide and the step down is short. Checked that out before I signed up. It was quite fun. My hope is Samson heals during this two week rest period and I can take him as I intended.

Senior Dog
      He splashed on top of the water? Isn't that funny. I assume he has been swimming in real water before and learned how to do it properly. I'm surprised he wouldn't treat the pool as the same kind of water. Maybe the vest threw him off. Did the techs say other dogs did that too? Hope this really boosts the rehab.

Best Friend Retriever
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
      He splashed on top of the water? Isn't that funny. I assume he has been swimming in real water before and learned how to do it properly. I'm surprised he wouldn't treat the pool as the same kind of water. Maybe the vest threw him off. Did the techs say other dogs did that too? Hope this really boosts the rehab.
      This was Asher. Samson is on rest and wasn't able to swim. I'm confident once he's able to swim, will do nothing but good things for him. This was Asher's first time fully immersed in water. We vacation at the ocean but they just run around in the surf. When Asher first got in the pool, he didn't doggie paddle. Took him a good 10 minutes or so. His paws were splashing on top of the water. Water going everywhere. He wasn't panicking but he sure wasn't swimming. She said she has had dogs panic before. Thankfully Asher got the hang of it and started having a blast. I'm taking him back Saturday since Samson can't to. I hope he remembers the doggie paddle! :-) I got soaked standing beside the pool. Thankfully it was 50 degree day.

Senior Dog
      How fun!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoopsaDaisy For This Useful Post:

SamsonsMom (12-05-2017)

Senior Dog
      Ohhhh, I just thought Asher must have been swimming before too. I think trying to stay on top of the water is pretty common for the first couple of times with feet not touching the bottom in water.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

SamsonsMom (12-05-2017)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos