• Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
      Puppy
      A pupdate on Nellie she is now 6 months and lean during the day. She has never learnt to bark to go out . I have however learnt to read her and recognise the ’look’ she still slips up occasionally at night. But she is improving all the time .Thanks for everyone’s tips /advice

Senior Dog
      Thank you for the pupdate. It's nice to know how things are going.

LOL, my Jet did not learn to bark to go out till she was 9 years old. It took her another two years to figure out a woof at the back door worked when she wanted back in too. Oban figured it out much earlier but I don't know how many times I've said to him, outside, "Who do you think is going to let you in the house when you and I both are out here? You big silly." Yup, he barks at the door, looking at the house, when I'm out no where near the door, in the back somewhere.

Senior Dog
      I'm glad things have improved. None of our 7 various dogs over the years have ever barked to go outside. They might sit by the back door or come and stare at me, but that's about it. Maybe I let them out often enough that they weren't that desperate. Some people can get their dog to ring a bell hung from the door handle to signal they want to go outside. I started to have one of mine do that until I realized he was mostly ringing it to go outside to play, not because he had to pee. A few have barked to come inside. Lark is 5 years old and I think it's only been in the past 6 months that she's occasionally barked to come inside, including yesterday when it was 18 degrees outside.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos