• Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired

Thread: Banana Bread

Senior Dog
      Happy

Banana Bread

Looking for a recipe for banana bread without using oil. I can't have that. Would love something moist that I could add raisins. Can't add nuts either. The web has all types of recipes but prefer to try one someone would recommend.
      Hidden Content
      Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
      I immediately thought of banana bread made with apple sauce instead of oil, so I did a quick google, and this one is highly rated.

Almost No Fat Banana Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

This was one of the reviews
      I followed the advice of other users and changed the recipe in the following ways: I only used 1/2 cup sugar, I added 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, I used one whole egg instead of 2 whites (I only had one egg), I used 3 bananas instead of two and 1/3 cup applesauce, added 1tsp vanilla extract and 1tsp almond extract, and 1/4 tsp. salt. I also added 1/4 cup chopped nuts. It tastes great, and I didnt get a rubbery crust at all, as some people did. It's easy enough that I'll definitely be making it for my next school bake sale, which I don't often do, since I usually have way too much homework

Senior Dog
      Happy

Thank you so much. I have three bananas that are ready to go. The oven will be going in the morning.

Senior Dog
      That sounds really good! If I can talk the dogs in to sharing a few bananas maybe I will make some, lol!
      Hidden Content

Tammy
      Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
      Happy

Just took it out of the oven and gosh it smells good. Waiting for it to cool down a little; a tough wait.

Also bought a big bag of black cherries yesterday so stemmed, pitted, cut in half and have on a cookie sheet in the freezer. As soon as they are hard, will place in a bag. Great for mixing with the dogs green beans in their meals. Of course, we were all sampling.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos