• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Drunk
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12

    Thread: Rocky - video

    1. #1
      Senior Dog
      Tanya's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Eastern Ontario Canada
      Posts
      2,925
      Thanked: 1728

      Rocky - video (Updated Original Post Vet Visit)

      Rocks been what i now consider normal the last two days. Here is a short video of him exploring after laser tonight

      tomorrow is a monthly vet visit

      Rocky exploring after laser - YouTube

      UPDATE: Vet Visit
      Well of course after last weekend being at his lowest, he was strong at honestly at his best today for his vet visit. Seriously, even as the vet felt his spine to see how it was, he barely flinched (on a bad visit he'll flinch downwards visibly at sore spots). :P So, status quo, he got a regular treatment (neuraltherapy) and things are good. Vet was actually impressed watching him walk around, and even I was surprised at how rocky was all over exploring. He even stood strong most of the visit with no-minimal shaking of back legs.

      Having said that, he really reacted during treatment and snapped at the vet. And - really Rocky is the last dog you'd expect to do this and it is the only second time I have seen him do this (first time was again a ta vet visit when we first saw he had a lumbosacrum issue). The vet said this was a good sign :P




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Tanya; 01-19-2018 at 12:39 PM.

    2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

      ckfalz (01-20-2018)

    3. #2
      House Broken
      luvleeloo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      San Antonio, Texas
      Posts
      92
      Thanked: 65
      So Cute!
      Hidden Content
      Leeloo Born April 12, 2004
      Happy Adopted December 8, 2013 (at 6/7 years old)
      Max. 4/12/04 - 9/25/17

    4. #3
      Senior Dog
      SunDance's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      3,922
      Thanked: 2031
      Definitely looks much better than what you described the other day.

      You'd said he rallied from that....before his laser treatment. But I assume the laser has him doing better for a noticeable period of time?

      It's so good to see him walking like this.
      Hidden Content

      Sunnie: gotcha day 03/08/09; birth unknown but given 07/01/02

      Danny: The Sundance Kid....Sunnie's boy....birth 03/31/09 (in my living room)

      Barb (ID formerly "Baffle")

    5. #4
      Senior Dog
      Cool
       
      Berna's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Belgrade, Serbia
      Posts
      2,860
      Thanked: 3076
      I don't know if he moves like this only on good days, but it seems to me he is moving around pretty well for a 13 year old Lab. And I say Lab on purpose because Labs as a breed are (unfortunately) prone to arthritis and they usually move really bad if at all by that age. Rocky is amazing.

    6. #5
      Senior Dog
      Snowshoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      5,881
      Thanked: 3316
      I'm impressed by laser therapy for Oban too. I see immediate improvement.

    7. #6
      Moderator
      barry581's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Dover
      Posts
      5,550
      Thanked: 5012
      He's such a sweet old guy! He looks great!

    8. #7
      Senior Dog
      Tanya's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Eastern Ontario Canada
      Posts
      2,925
      Thanked: 1728
      Quote Originally Posted by Berna View Post
      I don't know if he moves like this only on good days, but it seems to me he is moving around pretty well for a 13 year old Lab. And I say Lab on purpose because Labs as a breed are (unfortunately) prone to arthritis and they usually move really bad if at all by that age. Rocky is amazing.
      this is rocky at his best, and moving with purpose. when he wants to get somewhere he moves fast. when he doesn't it's almost like he "can't" :P yes while there is a small portion of labs rocky's age and older moving better than rocky (and more) I realize that many are at this pace and worse (or...didn't make it this far). Sadly 13 is above average lifespan for a lab (as best I can tell - I know MANY who pass between 10-12).

    9. #8
      Senior Dog
      Sue-Ram's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      1,271
      Thanked: 902
      Great to hear that Rocky is doing so well.
      Hidden Content

      Rambino - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011
      CGN - 6/10/2013


    10. #9
      Senior Dog
      Annette47's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      2,161
      Thanked: 1908
      Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
      this is rocky at his best, and moving with purpose. when he wants to get somewhere he moves fast. when he doesn't it's almost like he "can't" :P
      This is how Jolie was - when she was heading somewhere she could move fine, but if she was just standing around her rear would start to sink, and every so often she would fall. As I've said before though, it didn't seem to bother her particularly so we mostly just ignored it (well, tried to catch her if we were close enough).

      And as far as life expectancy goes, I know I've been lucky but I've had 2 make it to >15 and a third make it to a month shy of 15 (and quite a few owned by others make it to 14), so for me, losing one at under 14 would be early. In my mind, they should make it to 14 and anything more is gravy .... not saying that's accurate, but it's what's in my head.
      Annette

      Cookie (Jamrah’s Legally Blonde, BN) 6/4/2015
      Sassy (Jamrah’s Blonde Ambition, BN) 6/4/2015

      Chloe (HIT HC Windsong’s Femme Fatale, UDX2, OM4) 6/7/2009


      Remembering:
      Scully (Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, RN) 4/4/1996 - 6/30/2011
      Our foster Jolie (UCh Windsong’s Genuine Risk, CDX, WC) 5/26/1999 - 3/2/2014
      and Mulder (Coventry’s I Want to Believe, UD, VER, WC, RN) 5/26/1999 - 4/20/2015

      Hidden Content

    11. #10
      Senior Dog
      Tanya's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Eastern Ontario Canada
      Posts
      2,925
      Thanked: 1728
      Quote Originally Posted by Annette47 View Post
      This is how Jolie was - when she was heading somewhere she could move fine, but if she was just standing around her rear would start to sink, and every so often she would fall. As I've said before though, it didn't seem to bother her particularly so we mostly just ignored it (well, tried to catch her if we were close enough).

      And as far as life expectancy goes, I know I've been lucky but I've had 2 make it to >15 and a third make it to a month shy of 15 (and quite a few owned by others make it to 14), so for me, losing one at under 14 would be early. In my mind, they should make it to 14 and anything more is gravy .... not saying that's accurate, but it's what's in my head.
      Your pups are from great lines That is way beyond average. I don't know a ton of people with large dogs living past 14. I know it does happen but it definitely not "average". But given you experience I can see how 14 would be young. But again, I never ever thought Rock would get much past 13 given what we were battling - to me this is all bonus. And I KNOW we are not going to get thru summer, both for my sanity and his (due to the LP and his downward progression).

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

     



    Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
    Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •