Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have You Set Ringtones for Your Contacts on Your Cell Phone?

Several times the OH has called to ask if I just phoned him and I hadn't. So I looked up how to assign different ringtones to different contacts and made his contacts that say Home and Me the same, Alley Cat by Bent Fabric. Anybody else who calls him should ring as Isle of Capri by Mrs. Mills. They are both from my skating music collection.

BUT, I cannot, cannot, cannot get it to work on my phone. And it's the same phone, both HTC Desire C. I have got my ringtone as Alley Cat but I can't get Isle of Capri to play if he calls me from his cell or home. Or play anything else either. So frustrating. It's a good thing we don't use our phones for much, but it would be nice for me to know if it's Bell calling to spam me into a different payment plan (so I won't answer) or the OH.

Anyway, it's a good idea if it works. What songs or ringtones have you assigned to your contacts?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

You should have no issues. Your setting it in contacts correct? This should be your phone contact. There would be an entry for him, then you expand it and there should be a ring tone option. Also make sure you only have his number in there once. So like say your importing your contacts from Gmail. You may have him twice in there. Like once for a contact called dear hubby and then again under a contact called home. Maybe you added hisome cell there cause well when you call home you have your cell so you want it to ring his. If so set this ring tone too to be the same. Everywhere his number is needs to have same ring tone. So check if you have his number more than once.

Also if you have your home number as his home number this could be confusing contacts try updating his contact so it only has his cell

I used to, but stopped. I usually have my phone on vibrate, face up near me or, if I am in my car, it tells me who is calling.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (11-03-2016)

I have a different ringtone for most of my family. The boys each have a special one, my wife her own. Each of my parents and my youngest brother as well. These are the people I talk to the most. If my standard ringtone goes off i usually don't answer unless I'm not busy at the time. Family gets an answer usually no matter what I'm doing. I try to select the ringtone match each person. It's kind of fun actually. My mother's if funny, it's a man's voice saying "your mother's calling.... What does she want?.... What does she want!?" Funny because she usually calls for me to come visit and do some projects. I don't mind, but like to give her a hard time about it. Both my youngest brother and I live close so we get the brunt of those kind of calls.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tims229 For This Useful Post:

Snowshoe (11-03-2016)

My son had this bit with Stewie from Family Guy when I called him. It makes me laugh every time I hear it. Family Guy - Stewie Mom Mum Mommy - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

That's funny! I don't have different ringtones for various people and I've never tried to upload new ringtones. I have an iPhone and have the ringtone set to Bark, the one that sounds like a barking dog. It gets my attention but I get some funny looks when barking starts coming from my purse or pocket!

Oh all the stories of ringtones, the barking purse made me laugh.

However one time I thought it would be awesome to set my ringtone to that of a squeaky toy. Worked fine until one night sound asleep someone called and I was mauled by 90lbs of dog who was suddenly awoken trying to find where the squeaky toy was. I had to have it somewhere on me in bed or it wouldn't be squeaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Oh all the stories of ringtones, the barking purse made me laugh.

However one time I thought it would be awesome to set my ringtone to that of a squeaky toy. Worked fine until one night sound asleep someone called and I was mauled by 90lbs of dog who was suddenly awoken trying to find where the squeaky toy was. I had to have it somewhere on me in bed or it wouldn't be squeaking.
    That sounds dangerous! Bet you took that one off soon after that experience.

I love individual ringtones for family members. My mom's makes me laugh every time she calls.

House Broken
    When my husband calls me, it's This Life from the Sons of Anarchy opening credits. My mother's used to be the Imperial March but now that I don't speak to her, she's blocked so No Ringtone for you!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos