Stomach Dropping Moment

This morning driving the grans to school turned on the road that goes near DDs house. Large plume of black smoke rising in the sky.

For those of you who are new, DDs house was totally destroyed by fire 5 years ago. As I drove over to the house after her frantic call, all I could see was a large plume of black smoke.

As I got closer, discovered it was no where near her house. I think I held my breath the entire time and took me some time to settle down. The kids saw it and asked whose house was burning. Then the sounds of sirens. In the time it took me to walk them up to the school entrance and walk back to the car, the smoke turned from black to white and then was gone. Hopefully some idiot was burning leaves (illegal in town).

Even took me time to write this.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    Oh, I can just imagine....so glad it was nowhere near. Yes, let's vote for leaves...even though it's prohibited, we have leaf burners in the neighborhood behind us. I always keep my fingers crossed when it's been especially dry. I know they've been reported (or at least someone complains directly to them) because we hear verbal commotion and then the smoke dwindles down.

Fran,
    Glad it worked out to be nothing bad.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Yes, something that brings back those memories might almost make you be sick. Hope it was just leaves. Maybe you will find out on the news tonight.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos