Thread: Dinner is LATE

Senior Dog

Dinner is LATE

Kimber gets dinner at 7 pm, so she usually starts bugging us at 6 pm. Thus, this was my view from 5 pm to 7 pm last night, with increasing anxiety and annoyance between 6 and 7. "Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I haven't been fed." Oh, labs.

-kimbertimechange-jpg
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

ArchieSit (11-07-2016), Java (11-07-2016), outrag (11-07-2016)

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    lol...mine rests her head on my lap. I still can't figure out what she's trying to say, though. :/
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

Bacon kept walking to his bowl and looking at it, then me. Then he took to being underfoot as I cooked. He usually gets fed at 6PM, I caved at 5:45.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

lol They think we are going to forget and starve them.

Mine never seem to be bothered by time change at all, we slept in until 9 which would have been 10 am so it was a late breakfast, and then I fed them dinner @ normal time which was 5:30 or so. Zoey always starts waiting in the kitchen for her dinner about 1 hour prior but it wasn't earlier than it should have been

I feed Cassie twice daily .. normally 5 am and again 5pm. I thought the time change would help. Sunday morning she woke me at 3:45am??? I took her outside and then told her to lay down while I tried to go back to bed. At 6:00am, the whining at the bottom of the stairs became louder and louder. I came into the hallway and was greeted with her head laying on the first step and the tail going 100 mph. I got up, fed her and sat in the recliner with a cup of coffee. Cassie wolfed down breakfast, climbed in my lap and proceeded to snore away. Somehow we got this training thing backwards, I'm not training her, she's training me!
    Last edited by JackK; 11-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Sigh, these 2 pulled one over on me today. We were out of town over the weekend but when I got home I didn't immediately turn back the clocks in the kitchen. When 5:10 rolled around, Chase was sleeping but Lark was being a total pest, so I went ahead and fed them only to realize about 45 minutes later that it wasn't 5:10 when they ate, it was really 4:10. Oh well, I think the kennel feeds them their dinner around 4 pm, so they were ready to eat then after an entire ONE DAY at the kennel during eastern standard time. Great, their internal clocks are already messed up!

Sophie knows to the second when it's evening feeding time, which is 8 pm. She can be sound asleep, but at 7:57 she will get up and go sit in front of the TV. At 8:01, if I haven't gotten up[ to feed her, she will start to bounce up and "woof". I play dumb and ask "what"?? She bounces higher a "woofs" louder. I'll ask her, "oh, is it supper time"? She runs up to the living room as sits in her spot. I have to go up there and get a measuring cup, then head to the laundry room to get her food. She will sit like a statue, but with tail wagging away. I fill her dish, throw in a plop of yogurt, and sit the bowl on the floor. She will have a look on her face of wanton expectation. I walk back down to the family room and give her an "ok". Then life is good in Sophie's world!!!!!

Once she's done I tell her to "fetch" and she qill bring her bowl and sit in front of me. I tell her to "give" and reward he with a Cosequen.

Yep, Yesterday we both got the head in the lap, the big sigh, the bigger sigh, the "I'm starving to death sigh... They can tell time down to the second!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

LOL, it didn't hit Hemi until last night. He usually eats around 7. So from 6:00 on every time I so much as twitched he would jump up and lick his lips. Several times he would sit there resting his head on me, heavy sigh. I messed with him pretty hard though. I got up, went to the bathroom waking right by his bowls. Turned on the water for no reason then shut it off. You could see him going Dad, come on. It's time I know it is.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos