Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Works in progress

Aye Mates,
    A few various works in progress will be the order o' me day, first and foremost to exercise me right to VOTE, what should be understood as the duty of every American citizen having the right to do so. I will take care o' that early in me day.

I will conduct a photo-roadtrip to capture an image for the ongoing "WRECKLAMATION" photo series, this one for the November installment. I hope to post up the image later tonight.

Lastly, I am sharing a glimpse at the current pastel painting I am working on. Inspired by a photo I recently captured of a wee Downy Woodpecker as he was scaling a branch of Mountain Laurel. As I watched the small bird, he kept peeking out at me from behind the branch he was on, this behavior likely a survival adaptation to avoid ending up as a meal for other birds or mammals. The behavior led me to title the work as "PECK-A-BOO", an apropos play on words. T'is interesting to consider how much time in the life o' these birds is spent in a near vertical orientation. T'was with said observation in mind that I have oriented the painting in a vertical format to maintain a balance within the composition. T'is still a work in progress mind ye with much more work to complete. I'll post the final rendering once completed.

"PECK-A-BOO". Pastel painting on Canson acid free archival quality blue toned pastel paper and soft pastels, image size 9" x 12".

A bit of a departure from the subjects I normally choose to focus on, but one I may explore more through future works.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Looks like another great one in the works. Looking forward to updates and to November Wrecklamation photo.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-08-2016)

Very nice! I'll be looking forward to the finished product! How did you get interested in pastels?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-08-2016)

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished painting.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    Very nice! I'll be looking forward to the finished product! How did you get interested in pastels?
    Thanks Mate,
    As for me interest in pastels, I have always held a fascination for a variety of visual arts. The last few years I have spent much time putting various mediums on different supports and trying to increase me overall technical proficiency along the way. I often view the works of other artist's and I am inspired by their works be it the subjects they focus on, their technical abilities, or a combination thereof. A fellow member here on Labrador Chat (Brownietrout / Lori) has continually inspired meself with her beautiful works in pastel. Experimentation with various mediums and the evolution of me own technique / stylistic preference has led me toward really enjoying work with pastels. Pretty much the process has been "just dive in and do it", t'is been the way I have best learned throughout me life.

Regards,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Aye Mates,
    Spent a bit o' time on this piece today, it seems to be coming along. Ye should all be seeing some o' these wee birds at ye feeders come this time o' year.

PECK-A-BOO. Finished head and added shadow between Laurel branch and bird. More work done on branch and background.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (11-22-2016)

Looks great Mike!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    Looks great Mike!!!
    Thanks Barry!
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Yes we already have a regular visitor to the sunflower feeders. So it's time to put out the suet feeder.

A remarkable work, it's almost three dimensional.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Kleb For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (11-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kleb View Post
    Yes we already have a regular visitor to the sunflower feeders. So it's time to put out the suet feeder.

A remarkable work, it's almost three dimensional.
    Mr.Kleb,
    Thank you.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos