Citizen Science - Project FeederWatch

This will be the tenth season I've participated in this project and the seventh at this location.

Briefly described, you put up one or more bird feeders, enroll here, spend a bit (or a lot!) of time over a two day period once weekly from November to April observing the weather conditions and the visitors, and report your findings. If you like watching birds it's neat way to share and report what you see. These reports help biologists visualize and understand what's going on with bird movements.

Sometimes you can get some photos.

Mourning Doves gleaning tidbits that fell from the feeders.

A Black-Capped Chickadee in 2010. For some reason they have not come to the feeders in the winter in years.

A Downy Woodpecker. A regular visitor year round when the feeders are stocked.

The reporting season starts this weekend. So far this fall, Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatches are regular visitors along with House Finches, House Sparrows, Blue Jays, Juncos. I saw a Red-headed Woodpecker recently. There were five Evening Grosbeaks last weekend, I have never seen them here or anywhere. It's not impossible that they might stay.

It is a cool thing to do so think about sighing up.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Kleb For This Useful Post:

ArchieSit (11-10-2016)

Remember you doing this in the past. What fun!

Unfortunately, if we did it besides the birds we would be battling skunks, or at least Archie would be. Sure miss having the feeders out.

Please do post pictures.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Mr Kleb (11-11-2016)

Yes, I'm looking forward to whatever this season brings. Perhaps I'll get some sharing-worthy photos.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos