Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Funniest thing ever!

We got up this morning and went through the normal routine. Brooks and Sophie were wrestling on the deck when I came out. I told the to stop it, and told Brooks to go poo. Off the deck he goes, finds a nice spot and starts doing the deed. He stands up like he's done, then all the sudden starts spinning around biting at his butt, rolling on the ground, I'm thinking WTH??? I spy a small dangler hanging as he's wildly thrashing about. You would have though he was being attacked!! I'm trying to get him to stop, laughing the whole time. Finally I get to him and pull the offending dangler from his butt. He still has this look of panic on his face as he charges off the deck and tries to poo. He goes to about 10 different spots, but no more poo. He sits down like he was going to scoot his butt across the grass. But no, he just kind of sits there with this pitiful look on his face, I sure he was thinking, "I don't what the heck that was, but I don't ever want it to happen again!"

I'm happy to say the rest of the morning routine was executed without incident!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (11-16-2016)

It is funny to see them trying to figure out what the heck has attacked them from the rear, twisting from side to side to catch the varmint biting them back there! Poor Brooks! So much amusement at his expense!

Happy to hear that Cooper isn't the only one who goes into complete panic mode...feel bad for them, getting them to settle long enough to help them sure is a challenge

Poor Brooks being attacked from the rear, literally.

Maybe that's why Archie eats TP. He wants to go and wipe at the same time.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

barry581 (11-15-2016), Scoutpout (11-16-2016), Snowshoe (11-15-2016)

We need a video of Brooks misfortunes so early in the morning, sorry Brooks. Barry, you need to carry your phone with you.

I know it's not nice to make fun of our dogs, but poo seems to be an exception.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

Poor Brooks. Maybe the dangler was on a sharp piece of grass and it hurt. I walked through Jet's favourite grass in bare legs one day and came out lacerated with tiny cuts. That stuff must get really well digested to go through the dog without doing damage.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Poor Brooks. Maybe the dangler was on a sharp piece of grass and it hurt. I walked through Jet's favourite grass in bare legs one day and came out lacerated with tiny cuts. That stuff must get really well digested to go through the dog without doing damage.
    It was on a piece of fine yellow string, and I have no idea where it came from. We had been to Lowes yesterday afternoon, maybe he picked up there. I watch him as close as I can when we're walking, but he's so damn quick when snatching something, I know a miss one now and them. He's pretty good with leave it, drop it, and give.

I wish I had my phone on me, but usually it's a very quick out do potties, then back in for breakfast, and I don't usually even go off the deck until he's done and I go to clean up the mess. The look on his face when it was only over was priceless, but I did feel a bit bad for him.

Wow. You are lucky the string passed without incident or intussusception!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte K. View Post
    Wow. You are lucky the string passed without incident or intussusception!
    Oh yeah!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (11-16-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    It was on a piece of fine yellow string, and I have no idea where it came from. We had been to Lowes yesterday afternoon, maybe he picked up there. I watch him as close as I can when we're walking, but he's so damn quick when snatching something, I know a miss one now and them. He's pretty good with leave it, drop it, and give.

I wish I had my phone on me, but usually it's a very quick out do potties, then back in for breakfast, and I don't usually even go off the deck until he's done and I go to clean up the mess. The look on his face when it was only over was priceless, but I did feel a bit bad for him.
    I'm guilty of letting Thor 'suffer' for just a few extra minutes so I can get a good photo. For example, making him wear a santa hat. Totally worth it. I wouldn't blame you if you took a moment to capture the situation on video!
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos