We have a counter surfer!

And no it's not Lily the miniature dachshund! [emoji6] Daisy, at 6 almost 7 years old, has taken up counter surfing!

It started with taking food of the coffee table. That was all fault for leaving a temptation within nose reach. She NEVER did it as a puppy. It started this year with the Cushing's diagnosis. It took her helping herself to 3 pizzas, a box of garlic knots, an entire box of cookies (not chocolate thankfully!), and licked some ramekins filled with ketchup clean just in the last couple of months for us to finally learn our lesson so we've been re-training ourselves to put food away and on the counter.

Well Ms. Daisy had a craving for Thai food today and helped herself to some Pad thai on the counter. I hope she likes spicy!

Oh geez hope she likes spicy too. Cushings does make them hungry all the time form what I have been told?

We have a counter surfer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymolly View Post
    Oh geez hope she likes spicy too. Cushings does make them hungry all the time form what I have been told?
    She used to be ravenous when the Cushing's was uncontrolled! We finally reached the desired range for her cortisol levels. She's due to be retested again in another month but so is doing very well regardless.

My reaction when DH called to complain that she ate his leftovers was to smile and laugh. These antics of hers remind me that she's still a puppy at heart.

Daisy, you little stinker!

Vividly remember our first counter surfer - it was Potion, our first lab. Put out a pound of burger to thaw and out to the yard to do some work. Door was open and guess Potion decided a burgersickle sounded good. Dinner plans changed.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    I now have another counter surfer. I am sure she is channeling Chant, who taught her every bad thing she could before she passed. This week it was my left over steak right out of the frying pan, an old Chant trick. However M does not take it to the bedroom to eat she brings it right onto the chesterfield beside me. What can I say she is sooo cute.

Very funny!!! Mine will be watching while I cooking hot food, which is a lot, I'll tell "you don't want any part of this, trust me"!

Of course most Labs have stomach lined with iron, but you know that some things can cause real issues......

I have a small fishing boat in a marina with some really really nice yachts. One such yacht has a lab that Cassie loves to go visit with. While they were getting the boat ready to head away for the weekend, Cassie went on board to visit (their dog wasn't with them). The husband had a bagel with cream cheese and salmon on the counter. Cassie jumped up and scarfed half of his breakfast. The wife came over to me with a guilty Cassie laughing hysterically. I was mortified. She tells me, "stop worrying about it. He knows better than leave food around. At least Cassie only took half, ours would have taken the whole thing."

She has never touched anything at home. I have left a steak on the counter and walked off to answer a phone.

They do keep you laughing.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos