So Mad At Myself

Been baking up a storm, stuff to send GS for Christmas. Bought small disposable loaf pans for the pound cakes; easier to pack and fit in the boxes. Made two different cakes and promptly baked them in Bundt pans. AHHHHH! Going to be a lot harder to pack.

Between baking for him and Thanksgiving brunch my mind has just been on autopilot. New this year - chocolate, chocolate chip pancakes.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (11-22-2016), barry581 (11-21-2016), Scoutpout (11-22-2016)

Senior Dog
    You could send them in hat boxes. Maybe send them here first and I'll let you know if they survive well enough for you to make more and send as intended.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

charliebbarkin (11-21-2016), labsnewfy (11-21-2016), MontananDakota (11-21-2016), POPTOP (11-21-2016), Scoutpout (11-22-2016)

DH has been sneaking slices claiming he is the taste tester.

Been using the "if it fits it ships" USPS boxes so no matter the weight, price is the same. Plus, the boxes are free, USPS gives a discount to APO addresses and the shipping store I use so much also gives me a discount.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Truly a labor of love there, Grandmom! I hate it when I plan so carefully and then mess it up at the time of execution. I'm sure you have any number of volunteer taste testers around there! Save some for your soldier, you guys!

Chocolate chocolate pancakes???? Breakfast at Fran's house everyone!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (11-22-2016)

LOL, I really like it when someone else makes a dumb mistake, makes me feel like I'm not alone. Did I tell you about my tablecloth that I was working on for our Thanksgiving last month?

I think it might be cheaper to mail them to Canada. Then you could make new ones for GS.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Barry581: You all should know by now that all are welcome. There's plenty of food.

Snowshoe: You may be right on that. Got strawberry pound cakes in the oven now, in the little loaf pans, thank you. When I get in the cooking mode I'm really moving. My mind thinks pound cakes go in big pans so that's what I grabbed.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Anytime we ship something, we take it to our local UPS store. The girl there is nice and fast. Has every thing packed and we insure everything

Quote Originally Posted by Bamps View Post
    Anytime we ship something, we take it to our local UPS store. The girl there is nice and fast. Has every thing packed and we insure everything
    Local store is call The Shipping Point and can ship USPS, UPS, FedEx and I don't know what else. They shipped everything for me, rescue linens, boxes to GS, Secret Santa, etc. They've taught me much about packing and give me boxes free. The "if it fits, it ships" boxes are free from USPS or the shipping store. They also take care of all the customs paperwork. They even packed and shipped a priceless picture sent to my brother. Basic insurance is included but more is available. They've started a rewards type program and have all my shipping addresses on file.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

That sounds like quite the handy shipping store!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos