Trainwreck shows you keep watching.

For me, it's Aftermath. This show is so bad. I'm not even sure what it's about. Is it a virus or a possession by skinwalkers? Why are they suddenly following the prehistoric creatures because they're harbingers? Last I heard was "harbingers of death" or doom. When everyone in Seattle disappeared, why did their cars disappear as well? When Rainier blew, where did all the ash go?

Most importantly, how did the RV make it up Rainier, start up after a volcano erupted then turn around on a dead end road after the engine overheated?

I'm not the only one. This is a quote from an article online:

"The weirdest thing about Aftermath is how unperturbed all of the main characters seem to be about the end of the world."

Yet I watch it. No idea why. It's as if I think that a Westworld plot will suddenly reveal itself. Total trainwreck.

coppercleaner
    I am ashamed to say "Toddlers and Tiaras". From the first time I saw it, all I thought of was a dog show. They bathe those kids, primp, powder, make up, apply fake hair, nails, eyelashes, teach them moves I never knew existed at that age, and put them in clothing better suited for a "professional" woman. After that. they parade them on a stage and pray for best in show. Mom's truly believe this will send their child on the fast track to a prestigious career in modeling, acting, or music and have been seen getting into fist fights to protect the honor of their twerking 3 year old.

House Broken
    Well, this confirms that I have not been missing anything without cable TV over the past few years.

And the description of that Toddlers and Tiaras is sick. Exploiting and sexualizing 3 year olds and treating them like dogs. It is sad that a show like that attracts enough of an audience to sell advertising and remain on the air.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie'sdad For This Useful Post:

barry581 (12-08-2016), Mr Kleb (12-09-2016), POPTOP (12-08-2016)

House Broken
    Where do I begin??

Vanderpump Rules
    Married to Medicine (OG and Houston)
    The Real World
    The Challenge
    Teen Mom (OG and 2)
    Below Deck
    Marriage Boot Camp
    Strut
    Snapped

Just to name a few.

^^ That's pretty embarrassing really. Glad the new house doesn't cable or a DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by thndrkttn View Post
    Where do I begin??

Vanderpump Rules
    Married to Medicine (OG and Houston)
    The Real World
    The Challenge
    Teen Mom (OG and 2)
    Below Deck
    Marriage Boot Camp
    Strut
    Snapped

Just to name a few.

^^ That's pretty embarrassing really. Glad the new house doesn't cable or a DVR.
    I don't know half of those but I do like Below Deck. The controversies are so trivial that it's harmless and I'm fascinated with what people expect from service. Plus, Captain Lee is the ultimate Dad and some of those people really need one. I sincerely hope that he makes a lot of money for the show.

Parents picking partners for their kids to marry - don't know the name of the show, don't care. All those kind of shows are ridiculous.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Anytime I watch television, with the exception of some documentaries, I feel like I am watching a trainwreck. I only have Netflix and Amazon Prime, but it's enough to get me in trouble from time to time (trouble as in binge-watching).

Cut the cord six years ago. Our three weeks in Texas, staying in a mix of hotel rooms with TV, and with family whose TV stayed off, reminded me of a quote attributed to David Frost.

Television is an invention whereby you can be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your house.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Best Friend Retriever
    Kate Plus 8--'nuff said......

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos