Mammary Tumors...

So I had China back for her 2 week ear check (we are making progress too-yay!) and we discussed our plan: treat ears for another 2 weeks to see how much more progress we can make. At that point possibly do a chest X ray to make sure the mammary tumor has not spread to her lungs ( Dear Lord.....) then plan for the surgery where she will be spayed, eyelid lump removed, few teeth taken care of, mammary tumor removed and toenails clipped ( why not? she's getting the works, be like a brand new dog...) I cant help the sneaking feeling the vet may be worried about that mammary tumor because she keeps bringing it up...I know its there and I know its gotta come off, but I refuse to believe at this point that a 3rd dog may have cancer. It wouldn't be fair. Losing Montana was hell , then putting Dakota through surgery because of the MCT...not China too...I keep wondering what is the reason she came into my life so unexpectedly. Such a doll. Anyway-I can't remember if I posted this question in an earlier thread about your experiences with mammary tumors ( please forgive me my memory is fading with all these vet bills lately) My vet did say most in tact bitches with mammary tumors -tend to be benign. I thought I heard her cough a few times. For goodness sake.

Sending soothing MOJO to YOU and China. Wow, that's a lot to do at one time while under, but if needed I guess that is the best time.

Please keep us posted.
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (12-13-2016)

Yeah I know...I thought the spay was all but the vet said her health was pretty much neglected. For some time. The family did say they hardly take their dogs to the vet ( ) But I would for sure have known if my dog had an ear infection or bad teeth, I brush teeth and check ears regularly.
    Thank you for the mojo-I appreciate it

Sounds similar to how Archie was, and that was a supposed "breeder".

Potion had a mammary tumor removed that was fairly easy on her. Hers was at the nipple.

Sending mojo and prayers that all works out well.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Senior Dog
    I hope China will be OK. My only experience with mammary tumors was with my little Maine Coon's breast cancer. (cat lumps are usually serious, dog lumps not so much...in general)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

Senior Dog
    Sending good thoughts. Jolie had one, and it was cancerous but once it was removed (they took out 3 of her “breasts” which was noticeable because as a former breeder dog her boobs were a bit saggy), it never caused any more trouble that we know of. They said it would probably come back but not for at least 5 or 6 years and since she was 12 at the time we didn’t worry too much.
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annette47 For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone. I am going to remain positive about this. There is no reason not to be right?
    Although I know this surgery is going to be one hefty bill, I'm looking at it this way- these are necessary things that she needs and if she were still at her previous home she wouldn't be getting any of it.

China came to you for this very reason, you are taking care of her. I shudder to think of the pain and agony she would have had to endure with her previous what ever they were cause they sure failed this sweet girl as a family. Continued good thoughts for both of you.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

13. The Following User Says Thank You to labsnewfy For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (12-14-2016)

Thanks labsnewfy-I think you are right. She is so incredibly sweet. Everywhere I go and I mean EVERYWHERE she is right there with me. If I run downstairs to the laundry room real quick-when I come back up she is sitting there at the door waiting for me. My dd says "mommy she cries when you leave, I think she really loves you"-imag3668_1-jpg Look at this face. My goodness.

And sweet Dakota too ( i cant leave her out)-imag3600-jpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MontananDakota For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (12-14-2016), labsnewfy (12-16-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos