Nipple discharge from China??

I'm not certain about this but twice now when China got up I saw a few small wet spots in her bed. We're going back Monday for her ear check so of course I will ask the vet but if this is the case what causes it? I know she has a mammary tumor but I don't even know where it is. ( She needs a lot of help and it's going to be done but we're trying to get her ears under control first) anyone know anything about this??

Since mammary tumors are often hormone related, nipple discharge is a common symptom of mammary cancer in dogs (and people). Swelling, and inflammation or lumps are also what to look for.

Has China had a mastectomy yet, been spayed? I know that you were planning both, but I haven't kept up on the forum much lately, so I may have missed it. She shouldn't have discharge from a healthy nipple, so I would be concerned and have it checked out if the discharge is coming from a different mammary gland than the one(s) already diagnosed with cancer.

Thinking of you...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelley For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (12-26-2016)

So sorry China is going through so much. keeping you both in our thoughts.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

5. The Following User Says Thank You to labsnewfy For This Useful Post:

Hi guys, thanks for replying especially on Christmas eve.....
    No China has not had a mastectomy or been spayed yet. This is because the vet wanted to try to get her ears under control with medicine so there would be less she'd have to do surgically. Hence the ear check today and x rays.
    I am not even sure which one has the tumor, I felt a lump but it's not directly under a nipple....There is a lot she needs done so this is going to be a pretty involved surgery-- if it's not already in her lung. The vet said that if it is we can basically forego the surgery and just keep her comfortable.
    I've had her only a few months...I'm heartbroken. I was focusing on getting her in good shape. Not losing her. Already.

Senior Dog
    Just remember...no matter how this turns out....you have improved her life. Already. She has been and is better off for having come to live with you.

Board mojo headed your way that the lump is just a lump and you can get her straightened out without it involving anything too worrisome.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

Thank you so much guys.
    I can't believe that already they called back and we are now scheduled for surgery! I'm so glad I spent the money for the second opinion. It's a prayer answered that the radiologist feels it's nothing suspicious.
    So she will get the works and then...after her stitches come out she will have a nice apricot scented bath. Lol it's those little things in life. I am so thankful.

As I sit here typing this both girls are napping, Dakota next to me and China on my feet. Ahhhhh

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MontananDakota For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (12-26-2016), labsnewfy (12-29-2016)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos