Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Request for your Prayers this Christmas

Dear Friends,

This month has been so awful, it is almost hysterically funny. If someone wrote a play about it the critics would pan it for being a completely over the top farce.

Background:

About 8 weeks ago, we invited a single mom and her 11 year old son into our home because they were homeless. The mom was living in her car. The boy was kinda bouncing between baseball team buddies and their families. (Back-background: This boy is a spooky amazing little athlete, not very big... arm like a rocket... quick as he can be... and fearless. He and my grandson were on the team that went to state finals in their Little League this summer and won!!!) So we put them up. The mom works and often we were taking care of the kid, picking him up at school, feeding him dinner, letting him hang out until his mom came home, usually long after dark. My daughter got the woman working with the county and the Soc. Services folks went to work on child support, section 8 housing, food stamps etc.

Fast forward to December: My 92 y.o. mom started to fall apart and I drove to SJ in a rush to figure out what was going on. Turns out shingles. I had tickets for a long-long planned flight to Atlanta to watch the state championship high school football game, my nephew being coach of The Roswell Hornets! I got mom started on antiviral meds, got her seen by her pcp, got a full time care giver, drove through a Sierra Blizzard, slept 4 hours and boarded my flight. (The Hornets lost... boo. But that's the way it goes.) While I was yet in Atlanta, we here that the care-giver is about to drop dead and mom is in great pain and not mobile. I could not get back to SJ, so my brother (who lives in Tampa) flew out to take over mom's care. We found out, during this time that a minor fall, previously thought to have been benign, had in fact broken mom's pelvis. Into the hospital she goes.

My brother really needs to get back to his family... so I drove to SJ to relieve him. And promptly became very, very, very sick. Vomiting-diarrhea-fever-of-102-dehydration-go-to-ER-put-on-a-gurney-with-my-feet-above-my-head-get-3-liters-of-saline-very-quickly-CT-showed-maybe-liver-problems-maybe-bowel-obstruction. (I did not know you could throw up so hard your vomit-muscles could go into rictus. I've never been so sick. Drifting out, waking up to hurl.) I got admitted to the hospital for 3 days, meanwhile my mom is in the rehab hospital. Further... while I was in Atlanta, my husband's routine PSA (Prostate Specific Atigen) came back too high. Needed further follow-up to rule out cancer.

WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING... the house guest steals 4 automatic weapons, all my diamonds (heirlooms), silver bullion, and cash. She is missing (and very worse, so is her son.)

BUT: This is what I want you to honestly petition heaven for...

When you sit down with your families, when you go to mass, when you just reflect on your blessings, please pray for this little guy. On the cusp of adolescence. His mom is going to be found, and likely do some serious time. This could be so tragically consequential for him. The parents on the little league team are going to be in the loop with CPS to try to keep him in his sports (he's on a year-round team... very expensive club baseball for which he is on a scholarship.)

It makes me so sad because, the kid has absolutely fallen in love with Ram Jet Rocket Dog. She adores him. (The brat!) They are inseparable. (I even put a painter's drop-cloth on a bed so he could have her up with him when he's doing games and stuff on his cell phone.)

I'm OK. My mom's OK. I'm out of the hospital. My brother will be here with me to get mom settled after discharge, then I'll stay until mid January, and then my sister will fly out. The stuff the woman stole probably will be found and if not, oh well.

But this little boy... oh, please bombard heaven with your prayers asking God to make something good out of this for him. I know God is in control and our prayers do not coerce Him to do OUR will. But I also believe He told us to pray. And I'm asking you to do that for this little boy.

AND BTW: The Christmas cards from you guys on the card-swap list have been a highlight for me this year.

Thanks to you all.
    Jeannette M. and Rocket Dog
    Last edited by TuMicks; 12-24-2016 at 08:34 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

Scoutpout (12-24-2016)

oh. my. goodness. (thats not even close to the correct word for your situation...)
    You really do have the wonderful Christmas spirit, to be so beyond concerned for this young fellow in the midst of all the sickness, heartache, and personal damage caused by his mother. wonderful to hear.
    So sorry you've had a truely hellish month... and amazing and uplifting to see your wonderful caring and giving spirit shine on strongly.
    Amazing.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Scout CD RAE6 WC March 6, 2007; Tullemore Browning Superposed PCD RN RI "Trigger" Nov 11, 2016
    Missing:
    Castelleja's Dual Mags "Mags" March 1993 - March 2008
    "Pocco" the chocolate wonder August 1993 - December 2007

Senior Dog
    Oh wow! I'm so sorry to hear about recent events. Sending lots of positive thoughts, and I'm glad the card exchange gave you a little, very needed cheer!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

OMG, life has not been easy for you at all. Bless you, your heart is so in the right place.

Sending prayers to this young boy gets in a stable situation so he can excel.

Sending prayers to you and your family that life brings better health and happiness.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Wow. Hat a time. Sorry it's been so rough. My thoughts are with you and yours and that child.

First of all, all good thoughts for you and your family.

Kids are so resilient. He knows that you care and may wind up on your doorstep at some point. You may want to prepare for that. In the meantime, we will put all of our good will toward this boy. He deserves better.

Wow, just wow. This is such an up-lifting post, in such a sad way. I'm sorry for what all of you are/have gone through recently, but know that heartfelt prayers are sent for each and every one of you!

TuMicks,
    God bless ye for ye kindness and watch over the young lad and shower him with goodness and love.

Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Oh no, that is just horrible. I am wondering whether the mother is in bigger trouble than just not having a home... this looks like an act of a desperate person, especially since she will definitely be caught one day. That poor boy.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

windycanyon (12-26-2016)

Senior Dog
    That poor boy has a lot going against him now...all good thoughts that he'll be OK and be able to overcome the legacy being left to him. With luck, he'll encounter more guardian angels, like yourself, along the way.

I'm with Elena...my first thought was perhaps drugs. Oh, gosh. There's a chance you could have had an even worse experience with this woman. I hope your valuables will be found and returned...but at least you and your family are safe. After all else you've been through...so much hitting you at once.....now you can all start to get your lives back together and heal. (All good thoughts for hubby getting good news!)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos