Latte and her Shuffle Mat

From Latte:

Chase and Lark, I love my shuffle mat! It's so much fun! I wasn't sure what to do at first, so I just sniffed it. And it smelled good so I laid my head on it. And then I thought it would taste good so I chewed on it. I can't get the thingys out! I try and try. I got one out and Mommy just put it back in. Then I play and play. I sling it from side to side and I chew one side and then turn it over and chew the other side. I really love it!

Mommy hasn't put treats in it for me, yet. I hope she does that soon. Thanks!

-latte-shuffle-mat-jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

Hunter&Me (01-03-2017)

Hi Latte!

We love ours, too! Our food kibbles are pretty small so Mom puts those on the mat for us. They're kind of boring, low fat type kibbles, but that doesn't stop us. We like it better when Mom lets us each use it by ourselves but we can use it together, too! We're happy you're having fun with it!

-snuffle-2016-jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

Hunter&Me (01-03-2017)

Crafther, oh my goodness, Latte looks soo cute playing with her shuffle mat, and it looks like she's have a lot of fun with it! Great pic!!

I have never heard of a shuffle mat...I will have to look into getting one for Hunter! Do they not shred it to pieces though...is it strong enough not to rip apart?

Smartrock, love your pic as well! It looks like they really enjoy their shuffle mat...and you can place treats inside it? This sounds like something Hunter would really enjoy!

Hi Hunter&Me,

One of the other members mentioned getting a snuffle mat for her dog so I looked it up online and went to work making one for my beasts. As Secret Santa for Mocha and Latte this year, we made one for them also. I think the idea is to let them use their natural inclination to sniff out food or treats. Here's an article and some instructions. Mine weren't tied exactly like that one, but close enough! I used fleece strips that were about 2 1/2 inches wide and 9" long.

DIY: Let Your Dog iHeartDogs.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

Hunter&Me (01-04-2017)

Latte has gotten a few pieces of the fleece out but we simply re tie them in. She does have a blast with it.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

Hunter&Me (01-04-2017)

Smartrock, thank-you for the info & link, appreciate it! I will check out the link.

Sparky, thank-you, that's good info to know, that they can be re tied in.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos