Registered for Dog Training Camp!

Registration opened at 9AM on Monday! Luckily I was in the first wave and was able to cancel my 9AM meeting due to weather so I could register as soon as the clock struck on the hour. More than half of camp (for working spots) filled before mid-day.

Initially I was going to work with Denise Fenzi and Hannah Brannigan and focus on heeling, but after talking to my trainer, decided to branch out a little and work with other people. She also encouraged me to not focus on heeling since she feels I need miles, not skills, to get where I want with my dog. So, I'm pretty excited and happy to do some fun stuff with my dog (and without) and learn from new people!

My friends who are attending and I were trading schedules all morning on Monday like it was registration day in middle school.

TH:
    Ring Confidence - Julie Symons
    Healing Your Handing - Nancy G. Little

FR:
    Utility Problem Solving - Nancy G. Little
    Obedience Games Open/Utility - Julie Symons

SA:
    Handler Choice - Deb Jones
    Saturday Private Lesson - Nancy G. Little - Obedience

SU:
    Mock Trial Day - Obedience

House Broken
    I've taken both agility and obedience lessons and classes from Nancy....You'll love her, she is wonderful to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by indybindy View Post
    I've taken both agility and obedience lessons and classes from Nancy....You'll love her, she is wonderful to work with!
    I'm SUPER excited!!! My friends who are going and I exchanged our schedules like a bunch of 8th graders at registration as soon as we got all signed up. And, a bunch of us (and our dogs) are renting a house together near the site during camp. It's like an adult slumber party while nerding out on dog training. I mean, what could be better? The working spots filled up over 50% during first 12 hour wave and within two hours of second wave on the following day, were completely full. Registration has been open for a week today and auditing is 75% full. I'm thinking this is going to be a really great camp and we'll all learn a lot from all of the working spots.

I haven't had a chance to take any online classes with Nancy, mostly because she focuses on agility at FDSA, but I've heard people raving about her and my instructor insisted that I at least give her a try while she is here.

fun! sounds like a great weekend

and honestly an adult slumber party WITH DOGS is my ideal of an awesome weekend

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    fun! sounds like a great weekend

and honestly an adult slumber party WITH DOGS is my ideal of an awesome weekend
    LOL ... I’m going to a cluster of shows tomorrow and staying over for two days. A bunch of friends are going to be at the same shows and staying in the same hotels. Always a good time.
    Annette

Cookie (HIT HC Jamrah's Legally Blonde, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015
    Sassy (HIT Jamrah's Blonde Ambition, UDX, OM2, BN) 6/4/2015

Chloe (HIT HC OTCH Windsong's Femme Fatale, UDX4, OM6, RE) 6/7/2009

And remembering:

Scully (HC Coventry's Truth Is Out There, UD, TD, RN) 4/14/1996 - 6/30/2011
    Mulder (Coventry's I Want To Believe, UD, RN, WC) 5/26/1999 - 4/22/2015

And our foster Jolie (Windsong's Genuine Risk, CDX) 5/26/1999 - 3/16/2014

Hidden Content

Nerding out on dog training. So funny. But so true!!!!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos