Smile Dog Walking on Snowmobile Trails

First I should point out, it's shared trail and we're allowed to walk there. But many snomo drive way too fast and are dangerous to others and even to themselves. So we are careful and we don't go there at all Friday afternoon or weekends. Some local dog people won't walk on the trail at all.

Today's plan was to get off the snomo trail and make nice new snowshoe tracks in a side loop we do but some cretin had dumped food on our loop in two spots and of course Oban got into it. It was hidden under logs, not well enough for a dog though. I got him away from the perfectly good looking celery and melon but further on there was some kind of meat and I saw bones go down the hatch. Oban was just busting to go back to the bone patch so instead of doubling back to pack down our track we went down the snomo trail.

It had not been groomed for several days and we met the groomer. WE pass their grooming shed and are on good terms with them. He waved, we waved and after we passed I drew a big in the freshly groomed trail with my boots. To my surprise I heard him coming back again and when I looked back he was making a curve in the straight trail. He went around my and left it there. I wondered how long it would last but we got a couple more inches of snow this afternoon so it's covered up if snomo didn't already wipe it out. Still, what a nice thing for him to do. Snomo and other users don't mesh very well a lot of the time but we all like to see new snow.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Too bad about the food. Hope the bones don't cause a problem. I have not been on a snowmobile trail (even when I lived in the north) but feel the same about hike and bike trails. Hikers and cyclists are not a good combination and should never share trails. I have hiked and biked and I don't like them on the same trail for several reasons, even without a pup. Ava had a bad experience not long ago because cyclists were going too fast down the trail and did not even give me a chance to move off the trail with her.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos