Thread: Cave Crickets.

Cave Crickets.

or Camel Crickets. Whatever you call them, I've got them and they're killing me slowly. Mostly in the basement, but I have seen some upstairs & THAT bothers me. You cant just stomp them like a spider they jump AT you. You've got to spray them with some kid of spray-and KEEP spraying until they're down long enough to squish. Its awful. Montana & Dakota don't even care & that bothers me too because they can be laying on the floor & let the darn things walk on them while I'm sleeping..for all I know. They are not dangerous or anything really just ..awful to look at , to have in your house. I just don't know. I don't wanna call a pest guy because I wont use chemicals around my house near my dd & dogs.
    Anybody have these or know what I'm talking about??

Ewww! We had an enormous black cricket in our living room the other day but I don't think that's the same thing.

Senior Dog
    camel back crickets. we had them in the basement, two of them. and the exterminator said, basically, that once you have them, you have them. he does too.
    i found one upstairs and screamed so loud i think they heard me in the next town. and yes, those mothers jump at you when you go to get them. ugleeeeee

Just googled them- creepy looking -never have heard of them before, Sorry about your problem with them.

Senior Dog
    Googled too, yuck! Sorry to hear about your problem.

KAZ

Really dislike crickets in the house and luckily we have had few. Had to do some searching but found that putting duct tape, sticky side out, on a board will get them stuck. Apparently, crickets like the taste of glue and will get trapped, then easily removed. Figuring out how to get the tape on the board sticky side out gonna be the hard part.

thanks all--PopTop I've been doing that sticky tape nonsense. It works. BUT-I have to make the time to do this-gotta get rid of the old pieces, then make new ones & then I see just how many are living it up down there...and its making me nauseous. At bedtime lately the dogs have been jockeying for position under the air exchange vent it must be the place to be because they're close to the bed and me but still have the coolness from that spot. I cant close my eyes if there's a dog on the floor now. I feel I have to have to get them up on the bed so these monsters don't crawl over them.gross. Lord.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos