Senior Dog

Completely useless day

well, the concrete man was supposed to come at 3 but he called, that the job he did thru the night, was screwed up by the electrical contractor and he had to go back and see what the damages were. ok, i make it easy for him, as he's trying to figure out what time he can get to me and i offer tomorrow at 10. perfect.

then , my 3 month old canon printer jammed last week, not tearing the paper but crushing it, and then refused to work so i call the 800 number and they are very nice, after me letting them hear the noise the printer was making (kind of like a male cat screaming for a female in heat) and he tells me they are sending out a "New" printer . i go thru the reconditioned story but he says legally they cant say it's new but it is, and it's kind of like if walmart had too many and sent them back . ok, i fall for it.
    within the week the new printer comes.
    i try and get my ink cartridges out of the old printer but no can do, as it is stuck in a position where the ink is not seen.ok,

i try and set up the new printer and no cord. hmmm. ok, i take the cord from the old printer, and plug in and i get a message to install the printer head. ok, where is the printer head and why, if it's "NEW" is there none in but i still have the 800 number and call and get a different guy, also very nice, and i tell him i'd like to throw both printers out of the window but I'm trying to control myself.

he wants me to try the old printer and see if he can walk me thru how to get the ink. and wants me to remove that printer head to put in this new, um yeah, printer. well , no can do. stuck but i do as he asks.

so i comply , he hears the screeching cat and i cant see the ink cartridges as it's stuck in a position where they are not visible. ok, now unplug, change printers and re plug in and no printer head can be retrieved either. so now, i have no printer for 2 weeks and he's sending me a printer head. and ink cartridges as i put full size (they give you mini's with the printer) ink in not too long ago.

ok, a completely wasted day. no concrete. no printer.

and tues, after my cataract surgery, nick can go to UPS and return the first broken 3 month old printer.
    not what i expected from canon. luckily, i have the old HP that we hated because the pictures didnt print nicely, still hooked up to do regular printing. all because nick likes to print his own pictures.

maybe we will go out to dinner and that will work out.

That's a day that will put you on the edge. At least the printer people were nice.

Just found out I have the beginnings of a cataract. Nothing to do about it right now. Sending good thoughts and prayers that your surgery goes well and for full recovery.

Oh man what a day. Try to enjoy dinner and I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Maybe a glass of wine with your dinner Betty.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (06-21-2014)

I'm sorry. Wish I could send you some of my day. And maybe a cake.

I'm telling you though. I've never had good luck with construction. That stuff sucks.

Senior Dog
    Sorry to hear about your wasted day.

KAZ

I know those days. But crap, you seem to be getting more than your fair share lately. Maybe after your cataract surgery you'll be able to see how to get at the print head and the ink out. Kidding, good thoughts for that, though it does seem to be a piece of cake these days, that surgery.

Senior Dog
    yeah, well canon was nice but it was supposed to be a NEW one and i even had a conversation with the guy about "reconditioned" and i think i saw his hand on the bible but me thinks he's a liar.

anyway, i can see just fine but knew something was off , and thought my lasik finally needed a tweaking.
    yeah, no.

That's too bad, Canon is my preferred brand.

If you learned something, anything, it was not a useless day.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Kleb For This Useful Post:

bett (06-22-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos