Gorgeous day today, and lots of water

We have had record rains and flooding, landslides, mudslides, road closures, levy breaks and dam failures, you name it. So much water!

Finally I got to see the Big Round Orange Object in the sky today, I almost didn't know what it was!
    I had my hair done this morning, so I decided to stop by a local creek that is less than 5 minutes from my house. This creek usually only runs in the spring for a few weeks, and it's barely a trickle... Its flowing and has rapids right now, in 20 years I haven't seen this kind of water in it, and the green, Spring has Sprung!

And a video, I hope it posts, or the link works. Never mind, I tried!
    Last edited by Shelley; 02-23-2017 at 08:38 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shelley For This Useful Post:

barry581 (02-23-2017), IRISHWISTLER (02-24-2017), kaialeena (02-22-2017), POPTOP (02-23-2017), zd262 (02-22-2017)

You scared me! When you said you had your hair done and then went by a creek I got a sense they were going to be connected somehow, somehow not nice. Glad you didn't fall in. I guess all this water is pretty dangerous and devastating, it's on our news most nights.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Been seeing all the devastation with the rain. Glad you got to see the sun, finally.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Prior to me retirement there was a woman in our area that was having her photo taken adjacent to rushing flood waters and she lost her balance, fell in and was swept away in the torrent right in front of family members. We recovered her two days later down river in a lake that the river flows into. Very sad, her daughter and young granddaughter witnessed the whole thing. Please folks, be careful whence near water, especially rapidly moving waters, a very unforgiving environment.☠️

Regards,
    Irishwhistler☘️
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

I made another post, and new links. I hope it works!

And Snowshoe, I am pleased to say, no mishaps of falling into the drink! ;-)

Irish Whistler, that is tragic, how awful and sad.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos