Received A Special Package

DB is still going through Mom and Dad's stuff and we have talked about a lot of it. Yesterday received a package he sent me. It contains some special stamps from his collection for GS. Nestled in the padding was Dad's watch. It's an old Oneida and I remember him always wearing it. Also in the box was Dad's camera, an old Leica with many accessories. All the manuals were in the front pocket of the camera case. The camera itself is in a leather case, well worm with use. Every special event like Easter, dances and proms, out came the camera. I can trace the years of growing up with the Easter pictures. Mom insisted that all dance dress pictures be one front view, one from the side, and one from the back with me looking over my shoulder. Then when my date arrived, pictures of the two of us.

It does use roll film but that does not matter to me. It's the memories that it represents.

DD's wedding pictures include one of the wedding photographer taking a picture of Dad taking a picture. I'm going to get a copy of it and tuck it inside with the camera.

Memories can sometimes be bittersweet but this one brings such great remembrances. Thanks Dad.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-21-2014), barry581 (06-21-2014), Grumpy (06-21-2014), LucyTudeOn4Feet (06-21-2014), MikeLynn (06-21-2014), Scoutpout (06-21-2014)

How very thoughtful that he would send the camera to you, which it probably has many memories for him as well. I'd bet he didn't have to do the posing like you did for dances, though! That over-the-shoulder pose sounds like one not many guys would tolerate beyond the first time! What a wonderful memory!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

That is awesome!! I only have a pair of metal horse shears from my dad. That must be such a sentimental piece for you.

Very thoughtful of him, and special for you!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos