Poll: Do you have a Emergency Plan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Emergency Evacuation Plan?

Emergency plans and go bags (bug out bag) for humans and pets. I have always grown up having a bug out bag, but it didn't occur to me till a little over a month ago to create one for Emma. I've piece together a 72 hour bag recently for her. This link was posted on a friends Facebook about just general stuff and some stuff I didn't even think about like training your dog to go to a door when they hear the smoke alarm.

I imagine that we all love our dogs just like family, but do you have a plan for the unfortunate circumstance when your houses is on fire or some natural disaster is headed your way and you need to evacuate but you don't have time to pack?

Yes I do. We have several plans we could use.

Yes, we have plans and supplies because we live in an area prone to earthquakes.

Nope. Buggin in.

Chose "Kind of, but not really" because there's no risk of earthquake, or flood here, so the only possible danger is a fire in the apartment building and then the priorities are clear: Mel (my lab, my life), comp (my universal tool, my album, contacts, all materials for me to do my job), cash (comes pretty handy every now and then) and I probably shouldn't forget myself., of course Just yell BUG OUT!!!, give us three mins and we're out of here. Sure, I'd lose a lot of things: guitars, books, clothes, but the most important things would be saved.
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I live in upstate NY, where the only "natural disasters" we get are serious blizzards, in which case you stay put. I do have severe anxiety and plan for the worst at all times, so I have a waterproof envelope that's velcro taped to a spot immediately next to the front door (hidden from the eye), which has copies of my birth certificate, social security, driver's license, credit cards, DH's stuff, proof of the horse, cat and Luna's Rabies vaccines, and a spare care key. In my car, I have 72 hours worth of food and water for Luna and the cat, as well as extra toys, bones, collar, leash etc.

I'm constantly terrified of a fire.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

When I was working in an office I would store a computer backup there in case of fire, flood, theft etc. Now that I work out of my home the office as offsite storage is not an option.

Probably best to store everything out of the house so it already out when the poo hits the fan.

No bug out bag as we dont have disasters aside from hurricanes/ blizzards. Fire is still a concern and perhaps most devastating so I should.
    -- Ken, owned by:

Max - Black Lab mix gotcha 4/23/2012 Born 12/2011
    Scarlett - Yellow Lab gotcha 4/19/2013 Born 2008? 2007?
    Lizzy - Terrier mix gotcha 6/29/2014 Born 2006?
    Zeus - Papillon mix gotcha 1/30/2015 Born 3/26/2014

Avatar: Ziggy, my kitty who crossed the bridge a few years ago.
    He slept in the sink for years, silly boy.
    Hidden Content

Whether we bug out or bug in will depend on the circumstances. Our bug out plan plan includes rendezvousing at set times at specific meetup points, should one of us not be home. It also includes knowing the locations of kennels and pet-friendly alternative lodging if that's necessary. I'm pretty diligent about the vehicles having at least 1/2 tank of gas at all times. There is more but I'll stop for now.

I carry a ghb virtually every time I leave our small town. Most of us spend a huge chunk of our waking lives away from home so we should be prepared to get home if that's appropriate.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

My worst fear is a tornado. There have been several not far from us in the past years. When that siren sounds, there is little to no time to bug out. We have a basement well stocked. Bugging out would be a little more worrisome. I better get busy.

Most definitely for fire

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos