Rescues - attention!

Just got my taxes done. I know, I'm one of the late filers. Went to H&R Block. You'd think after 40+ years of working in medical finance I'd be able to do it myself, but it's truly Greek to me.

I digress.

Chatting with the representative, he was interested in how I was supporting dog rescue and the local AC. His ears perked up and he said H&R Block businesses are active in supporting their communities. His office is currently active helping a women's shelter and their educational needs. During their "off" season they get involved in all types of events. He said that helping dog rescues and our local AC events is exactly what he is interested in doing. They also tap into corporate for additional funding. He was interested in the local AC yearly low cost vaccination clinic which charges about $4 a dog/cat. He said that H&R could probably take care of some of that cost so the vacs would be free. He was also very interested in helping a rescue. In one instance, he said corporate had donated $25,000 to support a cause; not sure what it was. Of course, this also gets the business name out in the community.

Thought you might be interested in another source that might be available.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

barry581 (04-01-2017)

Well done Fran. Did he also mention there may, probably are, tax breaks for those who foster?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Well done Fran. Did he also mention there may, probably are, tax breaks for those who foster?
    A question I did not ask. But, I do keep asking if I can claim my dog as a dependent. They certainly cost as much.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos