House Broken

Day 3 after TPLO

Only day 3 post TPLO surgery and I wonder how our Lab will remain sane for 12 weeks. 5:00 a.m. this morning he was pulling on his leash to get out for his morning potty. When the Vet said he had to be on leash for all potty trips and contained for 12 weeks - I was thinking "ok, no problem". UGH!

Any tips for keeping him happy?

I feel your pain! Coast is 11 days post surgery and now he really wants to go. Did they give you a sling? That helped us control him on leash. In the crate, we stocked up on frozen marrow bones to get us thru this first 2 weeks. Our followup is a week from today and I'm hoping they clear his incision so we can lose the cone and move him to an X-pen.
    I found some interesting ideas here : Our TPLO Experience: Recovery Center

House Broken
    Thanks for the link! We have a "help em up" harness instead of a sling. I never thought to put it on him to control on leash but that is a great idea. He can't get very far away from me if I have a grip on him! I definitely will check out their ideas.

Senior Dog
    Fingers crossed those 12 weeks go by fast. Looks like you already got some suggestions on keeping him quiet and occupied. Also helping controlling him on the leash.

KAZ

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos