Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Apologies...

House Broken

My Apologies...

...for I have been a bad lab board member since The Crash.

Skeena's doing awesome, but my life has been hectic. My profession (teacher) is caught up in a nasty labour dispute that when from bad to worse - we are now on week 2 of a full strike with no end in sight.

To distract myself from the job cwap, my husband and I have been training for Tough Mudder, which we completed this past weekend. Overall, I am super proud of how we did - it was 19km up and down (mostly UP!) Whistler mountains, with about 20 obstacles thrown in (think crawling under barbed wire, over 10' walls, and being electrocuted). I'm happy to say we completed all obstacles, with the exception I only made it halfway through the monkey bars, which are WAY easier when you are a kid!

Skeena's doing great, keeping peoples' spirits up on the picket line and giving me something to smile about every day.

I still check in with the board regularly, but more as an observer. Hoping Skeena does something weird soon to write a funny story about! I hope you all are well (thinking of you, Nancy!), and your pups are making you smile.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to maczinger For This Useful Post:

AlbertaLab (06-24-2014), Bamps (06-24-2014), barry581 (06-24-2014), Blackboy98 (06-24-2014), Carlos (06-24-2014), Dallas dawg (06-24-2014), kimbersmom (06-24-2014), MikeLynn (06-24-2014), OHfemail (06-24-2014), POPTOP (06-24-2014), Scoutpout (06-24-2014)

Senior Dog
    Hopefully they will get that straightened out. Seems like you just went through a labor dispute. Glad to hear that you thrashed your body! Lol

Senior Dog
    Hi, so sorry to hear about the labor dispute. Hope things get straightened out for your soon. Glad to hear though that Skeena is out there with you keeping everyone's spirits up.

Tough Mudder sounds like fun!

KAZ

I'm impressed again that you do those Tough Mudders. Did you do a longer one this year?

Hope you are having fun on strike, are you picketing? We did that in 1996, in March, in the cold and snow. Surprisingly we had a lot of fun.

Congrats on the mudder!!! That's awesome!!
    Shiloh 12/24/12
    Hidden Content

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by maczinger View Post
    with the exception I only made it halfway through the monkey bars, which are WAY easier when you are a kid!
    Congrats on the Tough Mudder!! I have mine coming up at the end of October and am nervous. Given the quote above, would you suggest that I find a playground that has monkey bars to practice on?

It's tough with a labor dispute. Hang in there.

Sounds like you have been really busy. The only mudder in this house is when Mardi decides to dig, LOL.

Life on the board is not the same. I'm more of a lurker myself. I still have vivid memories of Skeena's "dating" thread with CharlieBBarkin. You really should have made that into a book!

its always tough during a strike, and little if anything is ever gained. I hope yours turns out better, teachers need to be paid well and get decent benefits.

Great to have you check in from the chaos that is life! Hope everything gets resolved in a positive way - hugs to Skeena!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos