Team LEXIE - On The Way

Aye Mates,
    Working closely with LEXIE BELLE ON THE COBBLE (call name LEXIE) in her journey to becoming a competent gun dog has been both interesting and fun. I had me reservations in taking on LEXIE for training in that she has fantastic bench blood in her pedigree, but is lacking the field performance bloodlines that I usually choose to work with. Early assessment showed some potential so I agreed to give it a go and told her owners Scott and Erin that I would let them know if drive and aptitude appeared to be lacking. I have been pleasantly surprised by Miss LEXIE at every step o' the way. LEXIE is bird driven, focused, loves to work, and now has one successful hunting season afield in her rear view mirror. Back for intermediate level training, we have started training LEXIE toward becoming a K9 hunt test athlete in addition to her roles as a companion / gun dog. I have been working with Scott and LEXIE in forging them into a cohesive retriever / handler team and they have been performing grandly in that regard. All came to fruition this weekend as TEAM LEXIE participated in their first licensed HRC hunt test at the YWHRC 2017 Annual HRC Double Hunt Test. Scott and LEXIE ran in both o' the started retriever stakes offered by YWHRC on Saturday and Sunday. LEXIE and Scott worked with razor sharp precision completing the two land and water marked retrieves in each o' the two days entered, all capped with LEXIE making classic presentation o' birds retrieved to Scott's hand.

LEXIE and Scott received 2 of 4 qualifying legs needed to earn LEX her HRC Started Hunting Retriever title this past weekend. We are optimistic that LEX will earn the additional points / qualifying scores to move onward when they participate in the Granite State HRC Double Hunt Test in two weeks in Temple, New Hampshire at the Timberdoodle Club. Congratulations goes out to owners Scot and Erin along with their retriever gun dog LEXIE for work well done, ye made the old "DOG WHISTLER" proud

Slan Go Foill,
    THE DOG WHISTLER☘️
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p1010043resized-jpg   -p1040187resized-jpg   -p1040169resized-jpg   -p1010098resized-jpg  
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (06-05-2017)

Such a beautiful girl, doing all she can do with your help and guidance.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (06-05-2017)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos