Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Vent

Neighbor Vent

Need to vent guys.

I have talked about my crappy neighbors in the past, but lately they have been taking the cake. They have 8 people living there, 6 children and the 2 parents, and 2 dogs (labradoodle and some small yappy thing). I have gotten used to the incessant barking (they leave their dogs in the yard for hours at a time), the smell of old dog poop (they havent picked up a piece of poop since they moved in), and the tall lawn (they wait until the city makes them mow to mow their lawn). However, lately we have been having some extremely strong winds and tons of rain. They tend to store garbage in their yard and on their porch. With the strong winds, lots of their garbage has been blowing over the fence and into our yard. It started out as fast food bags napkins. I would just pick it up, and keep on being in the back yard. The other day, I went out back to start picking up dog poop before Jake mowed, there was a container of partially drank soy milk, which had obviously been out in the sun a very long time. It was super smelly and leaking out of the carton. I snapped. Bacon goes out in that yard on a daily basis, and who knows what could be blowing over into our yard. I yelled for Jake to come back and see what I had found. He was livid. We then walked over to the fence and put the garbage back over on their side. While doing this, I see their side of the fence. There no longer is any grass -- solid dog poop. Their entire porch is covered with garbage. I was utterly disgusted. It truly explains the smell that comes from their yard.

We have tried complaining to the Sheriff and to the city, but because it is behind the fence, they cant do anything. I really worry about the kids and dogs in that house. Such unsanitary conditions.

Ok, rant over. I cant wait until Jake, Bacon and I can move away.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Bad neighbors suck!
    No help, just empathy!
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

That's just nasty!!! I would contact the city again, if it's starting to smell and garbage is starting to wind up on your side it's no longer "behind the fence" and starting to become a nuisance.

Ewww, so sorry you are dealing with this rancid situation. Neighbors do suck, mine are crappy neighbors too.
    - LS2Erin

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    b. 12/17/12
    My rock 'n roll star.
    Hidden Content
    10/09/00 - 01/24/12
    My pride and joy, R.I.P.

Isn't that considered a health and public safety issue for the children? That's absolutely disgusting to live like that, probably worse to be a neighbor though!
    Katie and Kain
    Hidden Content

Where I live that would be breaking city code as it would attract pests. Also, garbage pick-up is mandatory in our city. Do they not have garbage pick-up? I'm not sure about the feces, but from what you say, that would be unsanitary conditions. Rats eat dog turds. Flies are a problem. So many things wrong with that, that may be part of your code. Sorry to hear, by the way. I hate bad neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Labradorks View Post
    Where I live that would be breaking city code as it would attract pests. Also, garbage pick-up is mandatory in our city. Do they not have garbage pick-up? I'm not sure about the feces, but from what you say, that would be unsanitary conditions. Rats eat dog turds. Flies are a problem. So many things wrong with that, that may be part of your code. Sorry to hear, by the way. I hate bad neighbors!
    They have pick up, but I'm guessing its overflow. Their cans are full every week.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Ewe that's gross. When I was younger we lived next to neighbors like that. We had a nice deck and couldn't even sit out there because of the smell of dog poop. We contacted the homes owner bc it was a development and they made them clean it. I totally feel your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconsMom View Post
    They have pick up, but I'm guessing its overflow. Their cans are full every week.
    So, household garbage in the yard is legal where you live? That is insane! Perhaps a call to the city with a rat infestation might do the trick...

At the very least I would think the dog poop would be a health hazard. A call to the local Health Department might help. They may be able to address the poop and garbage situation.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos