House Broken

Stinker of a problem.

There is an area in the back yard that the girls frequent to piddle and it is starting to smell pretty bad, does anyone know a good way to get rid of the urine odor in soil/turf ?

Lime but you need to dig it into a layer beneath the soil as it can burn your grass and your dogs's feet. Lime and gravel. Maybe just lots of watering would help but you'd need to have someplace else for them to pee till you could prepare a substrate layer. Maybe fence it off for a while?
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Fran's pee can smell pretty bad. When the ground starts to smell, I actually pour Nature's Miracle on it. I have no idea if this is a good idea for grass since the dog yard is pretty much dirt now but that's what I do.

Watering it good might help. Since they seem to go in a certain area, is it an area you can designate a pee area? Not sure what the prep is, some folks have a pea gravel area for their dogs. It's got to have some type of easily drainable stuff underneath.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Our pee on rocks a lot, I've used a kennel disinfectant there.

We have a big rock at each end of one flower bed, to protect the flowers. It works pretty well, Oban nearly always hits the rocks. BUT, Chinny Chin Chin, the outside cat, likes to rub her jowls on one of them. Her whole head and neck too. Chinny doesn't smell but I am working on her to tame her up and I pet her and nuzzle the back of her neck. Maybe I should stop. Yuck, I can't imagine why she does this. We are still at the, If Chinny didn't run Oban wouldn't chase, and if Oban didn't chase Chinny wouldn't run stage. Maybe she's trying to camouflage her own smell, who knows.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

House Broken
    The girls have free to roam and go privledges of the fenced back yard, so they have a 1/4 of an acre of grass and some cedar mulch. Hubby tilled up the "area", it seems Rosie is the bigget offender and laziest, she'll run down the stairs, bear left and swat! We raked in some lime and baking soda and will refill with the rest of the top soil romorrow, and of course it's going to rain again. Thank you for the suggestions. I keep forgetting we are harboring a male pup now, an Aussie Shepherd named Ozzy, he's almost a year old and still does not life his leg? I think the girls have him confused.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos