Puppy

Dog Toy Recomendations

Hello all!

I'm looking for any toy recommendations you might have for a beagle/ lab mix! Our youngest will be hitting his SECOND Gotcha Day this week! We have games already (hide the treat, and they need to find them), but I'm up for suggestions on them.

Didn't know if anyone had some good ideas for 'smellers'! He's not beagle sized, but he definitely has the beagle nose!

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like a fun time.

Hide the treats in a variety of containers; boxes, under a kid's plastic bucket, stuff like that.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

You might want to consider that while squeaker balls are fun, Consumer Reports and the Humane Society consider them unsafe. A friend recently paid $4,000 to have a squeaker removed from his Lab. The 14 stitches left his dog unhappy for months.

Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Sounds like a fun time.

Hide the treats in a variety of containers; boxes, under a kid's plastic bucket, stuff like that.
    Good idea, though guess I should have written that better; we have some puzzle games for him that he likes to play with, so he likes that sort of thing. Any suggestions on ones that you like? As a sort of shout out, if anyone's dogs like to 'hunt' for things, we bought a Snuffle Mat on Amazon that both our dogs LOVE! Just throw some kibble in there, and they're happy. And even though our older dog is a Destroyer of All Things Soft, it has held up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogkisser View Post
    You might want to consider that while squeaker balls are fun, Consumer Reports and the Humane Society consider them unsafe. A friend recently paid $4,000 to have a squeaker removed from his Lab. The 14 stitches left his dog unhappy for months.
    Thanks, yeah, I'm really careful with things with a squeaker because we know people that has happened to! Plus, anything soft is his 'Baby', so he doesn't chew on any of those, but we generally stay away from those things because our other dog has decided it's his mission in life to kill everything soft, haha.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos