Jokes at the oncologist's office.

The oncologist's office is the most depressing place I've ever been and we've spent a hideous amount of time at hospitals for my husband and his mother. It is soul sucking and we're there a lot with Fran and now Nikki is starting on Thursday. People are crying and stressing their dogs with cancer out. Everyone wants to know your life story. It's exhausting. I literally have to take a nap after we get home.

So I thought I'd try cracking a couple of jokes.

This one did not succeed:

To the oncologist, "We're joining your frequent flyer program." He just pretended that didn't happen.

This one did:

The receptionist ran my credit card and got an error message. The expression on her face was this side of horrified. It was clear that she thought it had been denied and she didn't want to tell me. She ran it again and it cleared. She apologized profusely so I said, "Don't think a thing about it. At some point they're just going to say no." She told me I had made her day.

I often tell the Vet's office that next time I'll bring my sleeping bag.

I wasn't joking but I wasn't thinking either when, in all seriousness, I asked a previous Dentist how it was to have a job where so many clients were terrified of seeing you. He looked quite upset and soon after quit practice to teach, teach Dentistry. I think that was in the works anyway but I also think my comment hit the nail on the head for at least one of the reasons. Too bad, he was a very good Dentist with a fabulous reputation, and I liked HIM.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

janedoe (06-13-2017)

I don't know how the oncologist does it. My husband just said, "I'm glad I didn't go into certain fields. That's one of them."

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos