Rocky got the final vote on the living room carpet...

My parents picked up a cheap second hand (at a garage sale) shag-like carpet last year as we prepared for Penny's knee surgery. I quite liked it. After she passed it moved to my living room (Rocky needs the floors covered). Because it's shag-like it's really not a great main floor carpet especially with dogs and kongs. My parents were over a few weeks ago and tried to throw it out (after a miscommunication my dad actually had it in the garage). I put it back It's less about really loving it and more about needing tons of carpets for coverage.

Well last night Rocky had diarhea all over it. His vote carried the most weight...as I wasn't cleaning it LOL! It immediately went outside and I moved carpets around to get coverage in key places until I grab another.

Rocky will be fine, just a bit of an upset tummy. he's more upset at not getting popcorn last night or breakfast this morning. Sometimes I find the home made food doesn't sit well. or maybe too much tripe and treats.

My main floor has random carpets of various colors and shapes all over, it's pretty funny.

Well, Rocky certainly made that decision easier for you! My kids have made snide comments about the floor coverage we have here also. They don't match but the basic color scheme is compatible enough for me and we're not aiming for a spread in House Beautiful magazine. The dogs can make a full circuit of the downstairs pretty much without needing to step off of a rug. We have hardwood everywhere but the kitchen, where I also have a runner, so it both protects the floors and keeps them from slipping.

That was always a fear of mine when I left the dogs at my Mum's, where her wall to wall broadloom was a light green. Seafoam, it was called. Not diarrhoea but the odd vomit was my worry. Mum doggy sat my sister's dog most days Sis was at work so Bonnie was there lots. And Mum, or both of us if I was visiting, would go out shopping and leave the dogs alone with run of the house. Vomit left to sit till we got back could do a lot of damage but it never happened. 30 years of good luck.

Hope Rocky is feeling better. I bet he was dreadfully embarassed.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

If that's not a statement, I don't know one.

We have tons of carpets and runners all over the house with the seniors. HD actually has runners fairly inexpensive used across the kitchen floor. Living room is hardwoods covered with an inexpensive area rug; I can get one for $99 which lasts a year or more. Thought of taking them all up after Mardi passed but Archie prefers laying/walking on the carpets. Not a fashion statement but if someone objects, they don't have to visit.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    Glad the deciding vote wasn't cast for some reason other than minor indiscretion.

I have dark green WaterHog mats covering the kitchen and hallway floors...and two tan/gold runners on the running path through the (formerly) dining room from the living room (tan carpet the color of cat barf) into the kitchen (those green mats). Paws don't touch tile in this house, either.

And when we no longer have dogs (these are going to be our last two...no one to leave them to when we check out), I just might keep those green WaterHog mats in place. They feel good underfoot. That and the fact that the backing has stained the tile underneath.

OH! Haha. Well, he sure made that an easy decision. Poor guy. Hope he's feeling better now.

We have wall to wall carpet in our living area, bedrooms and hallway, and tile throughout the rest of the house. We plan on leaving the carpet in the bedrooms but we've always planned on redoing the living area in laminate wood. We've been avoiding the cost to this point, but I know it'll only be a matter of time before it'll be time to replace now that we've got the dog. He's been really good so far though, actually. Even with the house training. But the strip of area from the back door to the tile that runs behind the couch I can already see if going to be a high traffic high wear area. Once we do redo the floors, we're definitely going to have to get some area rugs. I'm already going to have to look for a runner along one side of our dining area, I think. He slips and slides all over our tile floor. It's cute now... until he gets hurt. Eep.
    Josh & Jenna. Texas.
    Parents of: Farmer's Deschutes Cinder Cone Red "Chutes" the Labrador. (And the cat, Stewie. Hidden Content )

Instagram: @jenfarm_ & @farmer_bram

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos