TX Response... helping dogs

Most folks who engage in Retriever Field Sports know that the pro's have these large rigs that might hold 16 or more dogs, and many of them even pull trailers that might have almost that many. You see them when you go to a HT or FT.

Well, there are some retriever pro's in TX who are driving back and forth to the Houston area almost non-stop, some even pulling their boats with them and are evacuating dogs as many and as fast as they can. They're not doing it because they're being paid for it. They're not even telling anyone about it, they're just doing it. Their own fuel, their own dog food and kennel facilities, even paying their staff to help out with the extra work to be done.

I've been in touch with one of them in Paige TX. I didn't know if he would let me offer any $$ but he thanked me, said it would help pay his staff, and if any was left over he'd donate it to animal care operations in the Houston area.

If anyone wants to get involved, PM me and I'll send you the contact info. (I don't feel comfortable just broadcasting anyone's contact info on an open forum.)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (08-31-2017), MontananDakota (08-30-2017), Mr Kleb (09-02-2017), POPTOP (08-30-2017), SamsonsMom (08-31-2017), windycanyon (09-01-2017), zd262 (08-30-2017)

I've also heard about this group.

Alabama Veterinary Medical FoundatIon - Home

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

MontananDakota (08-30-2017)

To see all the help first hand is just amazing. While driving into Houston today I still saw boats being driven in. I have been helping empty flooded houses with a crew of people I know. My main job has been cooking and feeding the crews because I cant walk at the moment. At least doing something I don't feel so helpless.

So appreciative to these folks you have mentioned. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (08-31-2017), Mollysmomma (08-30-2017), MontananDakota (08-30-2017), SamsonsMom (08-31-2017), windycanyon (09-01-2017)

The outpouring of help from so many has been amazing. We see scenes of it every night on news reports.

Jollymolly, what you are doing is fantastic. We see all these folks doing rescues out of concern for their fellow man, not looking for anything in return. I often wonder about them, where they sleep, where they get food in the devastated areas. By doing what you are doing, you are helping them continue, keeping their bodies strong. Thank you.

TuMicks, the dog community is a strong, close knit one. I have finally been getting addresses for emergency shelters that are taking in pets and shipping out linens as fast as I can.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

DAughter of friends is a fireman down there. She and her husband have complete strangers in their house and two black Labrador Retrievers in one bedroom. My understanding is the dogs are not related to the strange people, they don't know who they belong to.
    Hidden Content

Castilleja's Dubhgall Oban, the Black Stranger of The Little Bay
    Oct. 15, 2007 - June 13, 2021
    Oxtongue Rapids Park. Oct. 2019 Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos