"In The Shadow Of Greatness"

Aye Mates,
    I recently took this photo of me companion gun dog TRAD and his wee pup ALLIE MAE. TRAD just turned 4 years old and ALLIE recently turned 4 months old. TRAD has been an outstanding gun dog and family companion and ALLIE MAE is exhibiting all of the traits I love to see in a young gun dog recruit. ALLIE has been formally training with me for a month tomorrow and her development has been transformational. ALLIE is really coming along nicely on basic obedience with her SIT, RECALL, REMOTE STAY, DOWN, and PLACE now being conditioned on verbal command, whistle signal, and gestural cues. We have worked with her from early on regarding maintaining visual focus on her trainer and handler and she is spot on in that regard. ALLIE has been introduced to birds, decoys, calls, water, vehicles, crate trained, and is currently being conditioned to gunfire. ALLIE has a nice natural retrieve which will be further solidified with HOLD and FORCE FETCH conditioning after her adult teeth have come in. ALLIE will be collar conditioned.

Training objectives will be to cross train ALLIE to hunt both upland birds and waterfowl proficiently and to continue her training as a family companion dog in making her a pleasure to live with in the home environment. ALLIE is being well socialized to people and other dogs and shows a great temperament and a calmness about the home whilst not in work mode. In the presence of birds she has demonstrated a high predatory drive that will translate into grand hunting abilities as further cultivated via training.

This is a pup to keep watch over and I will update on her regularly. ALLIE is a British Lab and was sired by HR TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH and is out of TTF BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE, both British field bloodlines Labradors. I have already had a number of inquiries as to when we might be doing a repeat breeding. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

ALLIE and her Dad TRAD, the fruit falls not far from the tree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc03494resized-jpg  
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (08-31-2017), JackK (08-31-2017), POPTOP (08-31-2017), zd262 (08-31-2017)

Oh I so look forward to her progress.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (08-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymolly View Post
    Oh I so look forward to her progress.
    Thanks kindly Jollymolly, we'll keep ye in the loop.

Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Great photo of TRAD watching over his pup

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHWISTLER View Post
    Aye Mates,
    I recently took this photo of me companion gun dog TRAD and his wee pup ALLIE MAE. TRAD just turned 4 years old and ALLIE recently turned 4 months old. TRAD has been an outstanding gun dog and family companion and ALLIE MAE is exhibiting all of the traits I love to see in a young gun dog recruit. ALLIE has been formally training with me for a month tomorrow and her development has been transformational. ALLIE is really coming along nicely on basic obedience with her SIT, RECALL, REMOTE STAY, DOWN, and PLACE now being conditioned on verbal command, whistle signal, and gestural cues. We have worked with her from early on regarding maintaining visual focus on her trainer and handler and she is spot on in that regard. ALLIE has been introduced to birds, decoys, calls, water, vehicles, crate trained, and is currently being conditioned to gunfire. ALLIE has a nice natural retrieve which will be further solidified with HOLD and FORCE FETCH conditioning after her adult teeth have come in. ALLIE will be collar conditioned.

Training objectives will be to cross train ALLIE to hunt both upland birds and waterfowl proficiently and to continue her training as a family companion dog in making her a pleasure to live with in the home environment. ALLIE is being well socialized to people and other dogs and shows a great temperament and a calmness about the home whilst not in work mode. In the presence of birds she has demonstrated a high predatory drive that will translate into grand hunting abilities as further cultivated via training.

This is a pup to keep watch over and I will update on her regularly. ALLIE is a British Lab and was sired by HR TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH and is out of TTF BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE, both British field bloodlines Labradors. I have already had a number of inquiries as to when we might be doing a repeat breeding. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

ALLIE and her Dad TRAD, the fruit falls not far from the tree.
    That's for sure, quality shows. Mike, you really have some excellent dogs and I know you love everyone of them!!!
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackboy98 View Post
    That's for sure, quality shows. Mike, you really have some excellent dogs and I know you love everyone of them!!!
    Thank ye kindly Mate. They are ALL special to me.👍

Mikey 🍀
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

I look forward to meeting this little lady in a couple weeks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

She's going to be another great one. She has a big shadow to fill.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

13. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    I look forward to meeting this little lady in a couple weeks!
    That ye will Lad.

THE DOG WHISTLER 🍀
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (08-31-2017)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos