Whining and Ranting!!

Last week DW and I got the big idea to redo our flooring. So off to Lowe's we went and , , didn't see any we both liked Sooooo, off to Home Depot we went and, , less of a selection there. So we drove ALLLL the way to Vegas to Lumber Liquidators and lo and behold, we found one, BUT , , , not in stock. So we both asked, "what is the LATEST it would be in if we ordered it?" So says reassuringly, "no later than Wednesday" RIGHT!! Well, here we are at Thursday and they are saying to try back again tomorrow. Of coarse, taking the puke's word for it, I have the flooring RIPPED out and at the dump so we are sitting here with plywood floors waiting for our flooring. Now, tomorrow's Friday so IF the flooring shows up there, I gotta drive to Vegas (couple hrs) and drive back out during rush hour and bumper snarl crap. But honestly, I have a funny feeling the truck with our flooring won't be in until THEY feel like delivering it to their store and we'll be sitting here thinking about canceling the order completely. People today don't give a rat's behind rather or not the customer leaves happy or not, in fact they almost seem to TRY to PO their customers anymore. Ok I done now, last time for LL.

Feel your pain.

Have some fun and use a sharpie to draw on the subfloor. It's very satisfying. When the order does come in, ask for a 10% or more discount because of the situation. All stores deal. Be nice but be firm. If they won't work with you, let them know that you will be sure to spread the word about their service. That usually shakes them up.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-26-2014), OHfemail (06-27-2014)

Senior Dog
    That's nothing! I walked around on my cabin sub floor 17 years!!!!! Just wear some flip flops Bamps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-27-2014)

I hear you. My house is always under construction in one way or another and it drives me crazy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-27-2014)

I feel your pain. Customer service is non existent these days. We had a HUGH debacle with Sears and our appliances for our new house. 6 weeks to deliver a DW, washer, dryer and fridge. The fridge was damaged and they "offered" me $100.00 to accept a big crease on the front of the door. No one could answer our questions(store MGMR included) or seemed to care. They did refund our delivery fee.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-27-2014)

Gosh that's terrible! Same thing has happened to my grandma twice on two different cars. I hate getting the run around on things. I'd much rather people be straight forward, then tell me what I want to hear.
    Katie and Kain
    Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kain's Mommy For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-27-2014)

DW just called them, very nice , apologized all over over the place, "we're very sorry for this unfortunate circumstance, we apologize completely and can certainly understand your frustration with us and like we told you the last 3 times it didn't come when we promised, it won't happen again" yeah yeah yeah, enough! Save the apology and just deliver my floor crap or give me my money back.

Now my lover boy son cancelled out on his "hot date" tomorrow to install flooring for us and we can't get it in so he's PO'd, I'm PO'd, Opie's even PO'd!! (Well not really, as long as he gets his walk and his dog cookie, he's pretty happy)

Ask then to refund delivery charge at least. I can't stand being jerked around with that kind of stuff.

Sparky: DD works for Sears and they are going under big time. She says the store she is at, a major hub at a huge mall will be closing in the next 18 months.

PLEASE NOTE: Sears sells some stuff as an intermediary which means if you buy one of those products and want to return it, you cannot return it to Sears, it has to go back to the originating company.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-28-2014)

Just got back from Vegas right now. Unloaded the truck. They gave some leveling crap to put down.

Senior Dog
    Dang, I'd met ya at state line Bamps. At least "lover boys" day won't be a total loss. Take your time putting down and watch your fingers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dallas dawg For This Useful Post:

Bamps (06-28-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos