Unusual Mixed Bag

Aye Mates,
    I started me morning off with the intention of doing some scenic photography in the New England countryside whilst in it's fall splendor. The early morn was very foggy and I spent some time sitting on a pond and waiting out the correct lighting conditions. I left that location and went o'er to me gun club property plans to take more photo's at that location. Upon me arrival, I changed things up a tad and decided to try jump shooting for wood ducks with me 20 bore and some 3 inch #6 non - toxic shot shells I had in me gunning bag. I managed to drop one nice drake which landed on the other side of a cove in heavy cove on that shore. I sent me gun dog TRAD on a 70 yard blind retrieve and I saw the bird attempt to fly out o' the vegetative cover, TRAD having none o' that mind ye. A black, furry blur zoomed through the cover and emerged with the crippled drake in his mouth. TRAD re-entered the water and made the swim back to make a classic presentation to hand.

Photo 1
    TRAD making retrieve of a wood duck drake earlier this morn.

Photo 2
    WATERFOWL RECOVERY TECHNICIAN - HR UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH (Call name - TRAD), and his "feathered friend" Woody.

Later in the afternoon I was continuing me walk-up hunt for woodies when. I spied a small flock o' turkeys foraging in a rye lot adjacent to a hedgerow. I used the cover to do the "creepy crawl" in hopes of getting a bead on a bird. As I moved west, I saw two birds backlit by the sun, their heads closely aligned. I pointed me Browning and squeezed off killing two birds with one shot. The steel #6's left a very lasting impression on the unfortunate duo.

Photo 3
    This sweet 20 bore Browning with 28" tubes and 3" #6's (steel shot). took these two birds swiftly off their feet with one shot fired, "THE WHISTLER SPECIAL".

Photo 4
    This certainly ranks as the most unusual mixed bag I have ever taken.

So, another grand day o' gunning, another great memory made. I have a new smoker that I have been itching to break in and I believe these birds will be the first honorees.

Cheers to ye Mates,
    THE TURKMINATOR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc04610resized-jpg   -dsc04614resized-jpg   -dsc04641resized-jpg   -dsc04648resized-jpg  
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (10-20-2017), JackK (10-20-2017), Jollymolly (10-20-2017)

HA! I thought, when I read the title to the post, that you were going to show a picture of some ducks and hares.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMicks For This Useful Post:

IRISHWISTLER (10-20-2017)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos