Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Puppy

I'm gonna ask her to marry me - what do you think about my proposal plan?

Hey y'all. It's been about 3 years since me and my girl moved together and I've been the happiest man alive ever since. I've always been lousy at expressing my emotions and even this time makes no exception, but oh my... Over the last few days I've grown so determined that she is The One that I don't think I'm gonna wait any longer and I will ask her to marry me.

The only thing that I want to take care of before I drop the line is my.. presentation. I want to make it memorable, something so special that only the two of us can tell the deep meaning and emotions beneath it.

Well I think I've got it and am here to see your opinions and advice. So what I've thought out so far as a plan might seem very simple and minimalistic but that's exactly how my girl likes things - smart, to the point and with little twists. Well this time the twist is quite a big one.
    She's a fan of word games and we always make some funny ones - with our names, with stuff around us, with my lab Bucky. the other day we talked about how Bucky is the most loving creature we both know and how we both love him with all our hearts. We talked that he is such a simple yet a sophisticated creature exactly because of his unconditional love towards us.

So I've created this t-shirt design -
    you can view it better here
    -labfoerver2-jpg
    and my plan goes like this: I will give it to her as a present. I'll think of some random minor occasion, just so she doesn't get suspicious right away. Then when she opens the package and sees it she will totally love it because it is simple, it has a pun, it has a Labradors reference in it. And just when she is super happy and cuddly and lovable, I will reach in my pocket and drop on my knee..

From then on I won't plan ahead because I bet my pulse will be above 200, I will be a bit delirious and I will let it flow through me.

So what do you guys think? Please share your thoughts and also let me know if you like the tee design.

Go for it!

Puppy
    Good luck! I like the shirt. Good plan. My now husband had the ring tied around our lab's collar when he peoposed. It was awesome to have her involved.

Do it.

I'm impressed by all the creative thought you are putting into this. Sounds like she will love your surprise. Does Bucky get to be part of the ask?

Sounds like a lovely idea.

I agree, Bucky must be there too.

I think you came up with a simple, yet meaningful and elegant way to propose! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I like it, I say go for it! Thoughtful and personal is the way to go

She will.say.yes and have the best story ever.

Thats a sweet idea! Go for it!!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos